“Decent for the price, but with one big issue”

Holiday Inn Seattle Downtown
Ranked #70 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I've stayed in the hotel four times now and it is in a good location and I believe it's a good value. The rooms are large, clean, and nicely furnished.

The staff is efficient, and pleasant enough. The parking is underground and secure, but if you have something larger than a compact car, getting into the parking spots may be a bit tricky.

My major complaint is the noise from the floors above. The first time we stayed in the hotel, they gave us a top floor room, which was fine. The next three times we were on a middle floor. I can't believe that we got "foot stompers" above us each time, so it must be in the construction It is very noisy and was loud enough to wake me up, even with using ear plugs. This last time the person above us decided to go "walk about" at 3 am.

The restaurant is just okay as mentioned in other reviews, but the staff was nice and I did have a very good plate of biscuits and gravy for breakfast.

Overall the hotel is fine, but I'm afraid that I'll be looking for other lodgings for my next stay simply due to the noisy floors.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor...I did this last time, but didn't get it.
1  Thank acdfpic
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Seattle Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

Dear acdfpic,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. I am glad to see that you left some feed back on what you liked as well as what feel below your expectations. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. We are hospitality professionals and strive to be the best. Your comments will be looked into. I am sorry for the problems you encountered with the noise. If there is anything you need next time you stay with us, Please do not hesitate to let us know.

Katie J
IHGCare

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Seattle Downtown

Reviewed 29 March 2012

Good location on the north edge of downtown. Underground parking for $10 per night (cheap in Seattle). Next door is a restaurant where that they use for their breakfast and room service. Food is not bad, but breakfast menu is prices and limited.

Nice rooms (recently upgraded), near downtown, Belltown, close to I-5, enter 99 North right behind the hotel.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are nice and a bit larger.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
BrandiRutherford, General Manager at Holiday Inn Seattle Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Seattle.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our location.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to do this review and for staying with us.

We appreciate your feedback and your business.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

Okay, first off booking this hotel was a challenge and I finally had to call the hotel directly to change my information and they still messed it up so when I got there I spent 30 minutes trying to find out why they didn't have a room booked for me and it turned out to be their mess up. Next, you have to pay for parking and the stalls are all for compact cars only so thank God not too many people needed parking. The hotel corriders are dark, gloomy and maze like. Was not easy to find your way around. The rooms were okay, nicely decorated but the beds were lumpy and not comfortable. Not at all what I was expecting for a low season rate of $130.00 per night plus $10.00 per night for parking. The Marriotte was a comparable price for a much better hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Seattle Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2012

Dear zedmonton,

Thank you for your review of your stay. I am sorry you did not find our hotel to your liking. All of our reviews are evaluated by management, and your review is no exception. We strive to provide the best guest experience possible, and will use some of the feedback you’ve provided to further improve our service.

Regards,
Brenda J.
IHGCare

Reviewed 27 March 2012

I've stayed here at least 4 different times. Parking in Seattle is EXPENSIVE and for $10 a night that makes this hotel a must for me!

Room Tip: North corner rooms have a nice view of North Seattle.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business

We are happy to hear that you feel that you received value regarding the parking fee to park in our parking garage.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to compele a review and for staying at the Holiday Inn Seatle. We appreciate your business.

Reviewed 26 March 2012

I chose this hotel because it was in my price range. I spent two nights here by myself, as I was just taking a few days off before going further north. Upon arrival I needed to book an extra night (I also had to check in very late), which was no problem and cost me less than expected. Since I had never been to Seattle before, I also asked the staff for advice on several occasions. Every time I talked to them or needed something, the staff was very friendly and helpful, probably better than at any other hotel in this price range I have ever stayed at. The only problem I found was that there's a bit of air traffic noise, but it didn't bother me too much. The room wasn't the most modern room, but the friendly staff, good location (walking distance to everything you need) and cleanliness of the room made it very worth staying there, considering it's relatively inexpensive.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Seattle. We are happy that we were able to accommodate your additional night of stay. We love to hear how our guests enjoy being so close to attractions that they are able to walk and enjoy downtown Seattle.

I am happy to hear that the front desk was able to answer all your questions to help you enjoy your stay in Seattle.

Once again, thank you again for taking the time to complete a review for Trip Advisor and staying with us. We appreciate your business.

Reviewed 23 March 2012

With an "fresh look" of this hotel chain and "newly renovated rooms", Holiday Inn Seattle did not WOW me at all with my first night of stay here. In fact it didn't even meet my basic needs. Here I am at 5:30am in the morning writing my review. Choppers are flying above the city (traffic report?) and big ventilation fans outside the building are up and running. Ok, I know, I'm in Seattle. But what didn't keep me asleep was the poor quality, horribly cheap beds. I just don't understand why hotels spend big money on granite counter tops and new carpet and latest TV sets, provide different types of pillows to choose from, but would not spend top dollars on updating the most important piece of furniture in their business, THE BEDS!!!!???? Have the hotel managers ever try to spend a few nights in their own hotels to find out how good the product really is? Or simply just send 2 managers up to the rooms, lie down IN THE SAME BED and turn aroud many times as you would if you were asleep. Did the bed move and shake? Did the bed give your back a full support? With my stay here, both of these essential conditions fail. Come on! You are in the business of providing a well rested night! Being successful is not just about a fully booked hotel. You are not anything near successful if your customer like me can not get any sleep because you have cheaped out on your beds!! I have stayed in a Motel 6 for 53 dollars a night in Everett and I woke up happy and smiling. What does that tell you? DON'T CHEAP OUT ON YOU BEDS!! That should be the FIRST item on your renovation list!!

Other points noted on this trip: The noise from outside is definitely noticeble. The floors are not sound proof, it sounds like a hollow wooden structure. We could clearly hear people walking above us. No thermostat/temperature control in the room. There is an old style air condition unit under the window which we didn't use this time. (might be noisy when it's on)

I gave 2 stars for the "renovation", but I would easily give no stars consider the quality of the beds. Will not return. I'd go back to Silver Cloud next time.

Room Tip: Room 508 is not a good room consider the ventilation noise from outside my window ( cheap single pan...
1  Thank Creekside
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Seattle Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

Creekside,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We’re sorry you received accommodations that were less than satisfactory. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Ben J
IHG Care

Reviewed 14 March 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a four night stay. Nice central location a short walk from Seattle Center and downtown. Bus stop is right outside the hotel and can take you almost anywhere you want to go cheaply and easily. Room was very clean and well equipped and the bed was very comfortable. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Would not hesitate to stay here again when in the Seattle area.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
BrandiRutherford, General Manager at Holiday Inn Seattle Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to complete the review on TripAdvisor. We apprecaite your feedback .

We are so happy to hear that you enjoy being so close to the local attractions and getting around using our public transportation in Seattle.

We love to hear that you enjoyed your room and help from the hotel staff.

The Holiday Inn Seattle appreciates your business.