“Excellent hotel”

Watertown Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel
Ranked #26 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
“Excellent hotel”
Reviewed 11 May 2012

We love this hotel. Near UW and has a lot of amenity--lovely front desk, free news paper, free shuttle to downtown, free bike, free coffee and delicious pasty in the afternoon, free parking. Beautiful room with modern decor. It will be perfect if it provides breakfast. We will definitely stay there if we are in the area again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tajulie
Antonio G, Manager at Watertown Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 15 May 2012
I’m very happy that you enjoyed so many aspects of our hotel! Thank you for sharing your experience with your fellow travelers. We are very enthusiastic about offering all of our guests the free amenities you listed along with our modern and comfortable lobby and room décor. Watertown Hotel was designed to be exactly that. We do have breakfast and lunch available in our Pineapple Café conveniently located in our north lobby. We hope to welcome you back to Seattle and Watertown soon! Thank you again for your comments.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Serbian first
Spokane, WA
Reviewed 10 May 2012

We picked this hotel because of its proximity to Seattle Children's Hospital. We loved the location - walking distance to the "Ave" and a short drive to University Village. Loved the free parking, coffee and cupcakes in the lobby, popcorn in the room, comfy beds, free internet. We would stay here again!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jane from Spokane
Antonio G, Manager at Watertown Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 14 May 2012
I would like to thank you for sharing your experience at Watertown Hotel with your fellow travelers. I’m delighted to hear our location was convenient for you being close to Childrens Hospital, University Village and University Way (A.K.A “The Ave”). The University District of Seattle is a very walkable neighborhood and the Watertown Hotel is right in the middle of it! We are happy to offer all of our guests FREE parking, coffee and cupcakes in the evening, and in-room popcorn and water. We also have a FREE shuttle! Thank you again for reviewing Watertown and we can’t wait to have you back!
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 8 May 2012

This is a great place to stay. The rooms are airy and fresh, and have an interesting layout that makes the bathroom and outer sink/vanity area quite private. The free parking is a plus, as is the free shuttle to and from downtown. It's a few blocks to the Burke Gilman trail,if you're into running or cycling, especially with families, as it is completely separated from traffic. In one direction you can go out towards Bothell along the shore of Lake Washington, or through Freemont and out towards Ballard and the locks in the other direction.

I only have two beefs They used to offer a complimentary breakfast, which was fairly basic (fruit, yogurt, cereal, toast/muffins, etc.), but appreciated nonetheless. Included breakfast is pretty much standard these days, no? The other thing is the pricing, which seems to be all over the map and go up and down every time we stay here. I'd still go back, though, since i like the U (University) District.

Room Tip: Third floor or above, for a better view.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Waxer_11
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay at Watertown Hotel. I’m very pleased to hear you found your room comfortable, airy, and fresh. I’m also happy to hear you enjoyed our free shuttle to downtown and free parking. I regularly recommend the Burke-Gilman Trail for recreational use for the whole family.
We have upgraded our food and beverage offerings by opening the Pineapple Café in our north lobby. We can now offer our guests a more complete menu for breakfast AND lunch including any espresso drink you can think of. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the University District of Seattle.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Modern, comfortable and spacious. Parking was secure and free! We took the complimentary shuttle into the shopping district which was really nice since we didn't have to worry about parking. Overall a nice place to stay!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Antonio G, Manager at Watertown Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your recent stay at Watertown Hotel and thank you for sharing your experience on TA. Leaving the car parked in our free secured garage and leave the driving to our shuttle drivers is a plan many find convenient and we are happy to offer those amenities to ALL of our guests. Modern, comfortable, and spacious are three things we put priority on during the design and building of Watertown. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to your next visit!
Milwaukie, Oregon
Reviewed 3 May 2012

We were at the Watertown for 2 nights in a Studio two queen room. Very nice, very comfortable. Loved the thick towels and good coffee and the general comfort of our room. We slept well. The free secure parking and elevator was a nice surprise and appreciated. Will stay here again because is walking distance to "The Ave" and UW.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Mary D
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Watertown Hotel. I think it’s safe to say Watertown was a great fit for your needs while in Seattle! I’m very happy to hear you enjoyed our Studio room with two queens and that you slept well while in it. Our Studio rooms also come with one King bed at no additional cost. Watertown makes safety a priority and I’m happy you appreciated the secure parking garage and key card activated elevators. We look forward to welcoming you back to Seattle and Watertown on your next visit! Thank you again for your comments.
Whittier, CA
Reviewed 29 April 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Watertown for two nights. This was our first time here; we normally stay at the University Inn down the street, but they were booked for the weekend. We had a Studio Two Queen room on the street side of the property. What we liked: secure underground parking and secure wi-fi were included in the room rate. We also had to slide our card key in the elevator to access our room. Mini cupcakes, coffee and tea were out in the lobby in the afternoon. The room was spacious with lots of storage. We had a flat-panel TV, microwave, mini-fridge, and a Keurig coffee maker. Sheets on the bed were crisp and the towels were big and fluffy.
What we didn't like, and this is not necessarily the hotel's "fault" was that it was very noisy. We don't know who or what was going on, but we could hear loud conversations somewhere nearby going on until 2 am! Talk about being sleepless in Seattle! Maybe it's because our room was on the 2nd floor just above the front entrance and courtyard? We also had "Bigfoot" in the room above us who liked to pace back and forth in the middle of the night. This was the 4th hotel we have visited in the last two months and it ranks the noisiest due to people.
We would stay at the Watertown again, but on a higher floor and away from the street.

Stayed April 2012
Antonio G, Manager at Watertown Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Watertown Hotel. I’m sorry that you experienced noise disturbances during your stay. I encourage all guests to contact the Front Desk in these instances so we may try to alleviate the problem if we have control over it. I’m happy to hear you have enjoyed staying at our sister property University Inn in the past and that you liked Watertown’s free wireless internet, secured parking garage, and key-card activated elevators. Thank you again for your patronage at both University District properties and for sharing your comments. We look forward to taking care of you in the future!
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 22 April 2012

We were in Seattle on a last minute overnight trip and rang up Watertown after seeing their shuttle driving around town. The first person who answered the phone gave us one rate that was more than the rate I found online via my phone. I tried to book it online but because it was the same day the system wouldn't let me. The desk person did not offer to match the rate. I called back, got a different person, told her about the rate discrepancy and she offered me a better rate than what was online. She was very helpful and friendly, and we booked the room.

Our stay was comfortable and short. I would have preferred the Aveda toiletries advertised online instead of the Tommy Bahama ones, but the dispensers were handy. The "conditioner" was clear and I doubted that it was in fact conditioner so I didn't try it.

No coffee in the lobby at check out was a disappointment and meant another stop before our day out, but otherwise this was an easy, affordable and convenient overnight. Very clean and very secure. Next time I will consider leaving my car in the garage and taking to shuttle to our shopping destination.

Room Tip: I am not sure what side of the building our room was on, but early in the morning it was garbage col...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Antonio G, Manager at Watertown Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
I am glad you chose Watertown Hotel during your last minute trip. I’m sorry we weren’t able to find you a rate that worked the first time you called and I can assure you that the clear liquid in the shower dispenser in fact hair conditioner. I also apologize that we did not inform you about the Pineapple Café that is located in our north lobby which offers a full espresso menu as well as breakfast and lunch options. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed our free parking and wireless internet. As you say, “..easy, affordable, and convenient..” is hard to argue with. I hope we will see you again next time you are in Seattle. Thank you again for your comments.