“Location, service, comfort”

Mediterranean Inn
Ranked #31 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 14 February 2012

I stayed two nights at the Mediterranean Inn but it is now my go-to accommodation in Seattle. The rooms and common areas were clean, functional and comfortable and the staff friendly, helpful and fun to talk to. The roof-top terrace has a great view and this hotel even rents bikes, complete with helmets!
The mini-kitchen in the room is a great plus when on the road, the neighborhood is full of little restaurants and it is walking distance from Seattle Center, downtown, Pike Place Market and the waterfront.
A huge advantage are the windows that open, meaning you don't rely on artificial ventilation. That clinched the deal for me on paper, but the experience means that I will definitely go back.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Susannah M
Mediterranean-Sea206, Director of Sales at Mediterranean Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2012

Thanks for your wonderful comments Susannah, it made our day! We love the fact you can open the windows too, nothing beats the fresh air in the Pacific Northwest. Come back and see us again soon! Paris is my favorite city, lucky you! Stephanie

Write a ReviewReviews (1,583)

Reviewed 10 February 2012

I pass through Seattle regularly but had never stayed here before, I was delightfully surprised by this hotel and would stay here again. There is a Starbucks with access off the hotel lobby and a Safeway within walking distance. The Secure parking did cost more but it usually does - was nice that the elevator went down to the parking and made loading the car very easy! The refrigerator, microwave and sink area were great and made the visit much more comfortable. The hotel was very quiet and I could see the space needle out my room window. The windows open for fresh air and the hotel staff was delightful! A wonderful hotel!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Sewonforever
Reviewed 8 February 2012

I stayed for two nights at the Mediterranean Inn having booked it through my airplane booking. The room was quiet with a small kitchen area - sink, fridge, microwave and coffee maker - all very comfortable. I noticed there was an extra charge for use of the WiFi which is unusual these days but there is an excellent business centre with printers down stairs which is free and a Starbucks on the premises with WiFi so I simply used these.

The desk staff was most friendly and helpful with maps and information. When the fire alarm in the room started to beep it was fixed right away.

What I most appreciated what happened after I had checked out. As my train left late in the day, they checked my baggage into a secure area. I have a medical condition which rarely bothers me - as luck would have it, it did that day. I needed to go back three times to my luggage - the desk staff couldn't have been more helpful, considerate and tactful,

When next I am back in Seattle I will certainly stay at the Mediterranean Inn,

Room Tip: My room seemed to open out into a courtyard - no view but quiet and off the street. I might note...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 January 2012

This is my favorite place to stay in Seattle! Perfect views, perfect location and great area! I recommend to all my family and friends!!!!

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 20 January 2012

My son moved to the Lower Queen Anne section of Seattle last year. I've visited twice and stayed at the Mediterranean both times. An early arrival from the airport left us with time to kill before our check-in. The staff was very accomodatiing and let us store our bags until our room was ready. The rooms were comfortable and I would recommend a room facing the courtyard for light sleepers. It was great having a Starbucks right off the hotel lobby too. The hotel location is wonderful, within acouple blocks of the Seattle Center, the Space Needle and the monorail which makes for an easy trip into downtown. Belltown and many good eateries are within walking distance too. We had a definite favorite, Toulouse Petit, which had amazing breakfasts!. Don't miss the view from the hotel deck! One morning I had the pleasure of sipping my Starbucks while watching the sunrise present a fantastic view of Mt. Rainier.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank rulalinska
Reviewed 20 January 2012

Arrived to Seattle after a long trip, room clean and spacious on arrival, small kitchenette, with microwave, sink and fridge, no utensils so kitchenette becomes some what useless as we do not travel with knives, forks or spoons. When my partner flushed the toilet for the first time it was half a centimeter from overflowing filled with toilet paper. Rang the front desk to which I was informed that there was no "maintence person" on duty and that I could come down and get a plunger to plunge the toilet myself! I had to get dressed out of my pjs and go to the front lobby not one of the staff who was working at the time offered to come up and assist with the toilet and I had to ask if the toliet was not fixed could we swap rooms. They said they would swap us to another room, but as we were jet lagged and had already unpacked our things and stocked up the fridge with fruit and water it was not an option at that time of night. So I plunged and fixed the toilet myself and then had to walk down to return the plunger. In the morning I requested to speak to the manager to inform her of the situation but she was unavailable at the time. Staff were not sympathetic or apologetic to the situation until I requested to speak to the manager it was then that one of the employees apologized and as compensation wiped the Internet room fee of 4.95 so I now find the matter settled with the apology. But it does bring me to all the hidden costs, on arrival we were not informed of the rewards program in which you are charged for Internet, movies, to use the roof top access, use of the gym, coffee in the room ect. This all came to 8 dollars per day and it is written on a card that is left if your room. How ever this is very confusing and unclear I then took is card down to the lobby and even the girl at the desk agreed that it was confusing we were not getting charged this and most of the amenities on the card are free of charge such as accessing the roof and using the gym but the rest of it you do get charged for. I find it very confusing and unclear and I think the hotel need to clarify all is with guests when they arrive. The reason I rated this so low is the fact that I had to plunge the toilet myself, I had to ask twice before someone could look at the toilet and then someone only came and took a two second look the next evening! Not impressed at all. Only plus side to this hotel is that there is a Starbucks attached, dicks burger place across the road and a little independent cinema across the road they were all fantastic.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 16 January 2012

This is the 3rd - maybe 4th - time I've stayed here. You can walk to the city center & monorail, then get downtown within minutes. Excellent restaurants in this neighborhood, grocery store around the corner. Anything you need is within minutes walking. Starbucks right off the lobby ~ I love that. :) (Another coffee shop right down the block if you don't like SB)

Staff is helpful & friendly. Rooms are clean. On-site parking is a must for me. Added parking & entrance security is great.

There aren't kid activities in the hotel, but again, walking distance to the City Center, so there really doesn't need to be. Movie theater right down the block.

DVD player in each room, access to internet & DVD collection for a small fee. Exercise facility, bike rentals. Very full-faceted & unique place to stay.

Rooftop offers a 360 view of Seattle & bay area.

I love this hotel and I would stay there as business, family, friends, or even by myself.

Room Tip: Request a room by the courtyard side to avoid traffic & outside noise, but even on the outer roo...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family