“FELLS LIKE HOME - AMAZING HOTEL”

The Fairmont Olympic Seattle
Ranked #17 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level
Vancouver, Canada
“FELLS LIKE HOME - AMAZING HOTEL”
Reviewed 23 February 2012

It was my moms 60th Birthday and I flew her out from Brazil to Vancouver, and took a trip to Seattle. We decided to stay at the Fairmont as they have great service ( I stayed in other Fairmont Hotels and it was amazing)

The service starting from the Vallet to the front desk and room service is just amazing. You feel like home and I didn't want to leave the place.. They called me by my name and that is HUGE for me ; ) The concierge was so pleased and happy to help. Thanks to William and Mario you guys made a HUGE difference on my trip...

I can't thank you enough!

Room Tip: Follow William's advice and go to Metropolitan Grill for an amazing steak.. then Cafe Camganha f...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
DennisClark, General Manager at The Fairmont Olympic Seattle, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Eduardo. Thank you very much for the kind words. Our goal is to provide our guest with fond and memorable experiences; especially on special occasions. We are please that you enjoyed yourself and will pass your comments on to our staff. Safe travels!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (536)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 23 February 2012

My cousin and stayed here to celebrate our 50th Birthdays and the hotel service was above and beyond my expectations (and I stay in Fairmonts frequently)!. The front desk staff were incredible in helping us select the perfect executive suite and even sent us a tray of chocolate dipped strawberries to mark the occasion! We enjoyed riding in the chauffeur driven Jaguar and the professional chauffeurs and doormen who consistently made us feel like royalty. We went swimming and enjoyed a pool long enough to swim lengths as well as a fantastic hot tub. The locker rooms were very nicely appointed and clean. Our room was very pretty with a pretty light green colour scheme and crystal lamps. Joining the President's Club provides you with many benefits including complementary internet and the loan of work out runners and clothes. Lovely stay - we'll definitely return.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
London
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I stayed at the Fairmont for one night this week as part of a large group travelling on business.

Check-in was very slow because we all arrived in a bunch but they didn't put more people on the desk to deal with it nor did they have our room keys ready in advance.

I was put into a small room on the second floor next to the swimming pool and lifts so there was quite a bit of through traffic in the corridor outside and a really lousy view of a flat roof and some litter outside. Not a big deal for one night but not terribly luxurious either.

I was slightly irked that the guy in the line in front of me got a top floor corner room with lovely views and the guy behind me got upgraded to a suite because of the wait at check in. I know because they were both in my party and were obviously delighted with the outcome and told us all. I obviously drew the short straw.

The room was fine, clean, well-appointed. The air conditioning unit in my room was too noisy to leave on and the one from the room next door was also very noisy and I didn't get a great night's sleep as a result.

But It's pretty astonishing to have to pay for internet connectivity these days and $8 for a bottle of water from the minibar is also pretty outrageous. In the last year I've stayed at Raffles, Four Seasons, Ritz Carlton etc. and I'm pretty sure I didn't have to pay for water or internet at any of them. My colleagues tell me that their rooms had an espresso machine but mine did not, which is a shame. This is an increasingly common amenity.

So, what was good? Breakfast was fantastic. Really tasty omelette, nice buffet. The lobby is pretty impressive. I'm told (ahem!) that the views from the higher floors are nice. The bathroom is shiny and marble and the room compares well with other luxury hotels in terms of amenities and comfort. The location is good and central. They did a great shoe shine!

Room Tip: High floor with a coffee machine!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts. The feedback will provide good training material. Thank you also for being a loyal guest of Fairmont Hotels and Resorts. It might be a good idea for you to consider signing up as a Presidents Club member. There are many benefits including free internet service which I think you would highly value. We can also track you preferences which would help us to ensure your satisfaction. Best Regards.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 21 February 2012

My wife was celebrating a milestone birthday so we headed to Seattle 2-9-12 for an evening at the Fairmont Olympic Hotel. From the time we arrived the service, attention to detail and quality around us was incredible. Due to the occassion they up-graded our room at no extra charge. From the 9th floor we had a great view of the Emerald city, Pikes Place and the Puget Sound.

We enjoyed happy hour in their Terrace lounge and upon returning to the room they delivered us chocolate dipped strawberries with Happy Birthday drizzled in chocolate as well.

An incredible value at $159 (Winter Saver deal _ Tax, etc). I recommend it 100%!!!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
San Rafael, CA
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Every single thing about this hotel and the staff and food were perfect or close to it. We got a deal (around $200 a night) so it was particularly worth the money since it's a 5 star hotel. Of course, for that price we did not have a great view, but we did have one. The tea room is splendid and they know how to serve a great high tea, which we enjoyed with our cousin. The staff was very helpful, even sent us out for a late night dinner in the hotel limo when we were not sure where the restaurant was. I felt treated as an honored guest. I would try there first when we go to Seattle again.

Room Tip: Ask for a view "not of the roof".
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I am already a huge Fairmont fan, I have stayed with Fairmont hotel many times. BUT this Fairmont Olympic is soooo gorgeous! I love the openness of the lobby and the terrace. The decor is exactly what they state on their website "Italian Renaissance". Also, the indoor pool and hot-tub, and fitness room is super clean and calming. I also love this location - you can walk to all downtown shopping, Belltown, Pike Place, and the piers. We made use of the "house car" as well for some of the longer distances. They drivers and doormen were always more than helpful and making sure we were safe. (Deion especially). Everyone including the front desk and maid service were amazing! I highly recommend this property and I will only stay here while in Seattle.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
McKinney, Texas
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We had a wonderful time at this hotel the. The staff was great, the room was great. I will definitely return in the future and recommend this hotel to anyone. THanks for the hospitality!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family