“Delightful!”

Ranked #19 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Delightful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

I have decided that every time I stay in Seattle this will be my first choice for a hotel. My husband and I missed our flight out of Seattle due to a family emergency and we had to quickly find a hotel room at the last minute while being stressed out and tired. We booked at The Fairmont Olympic and couldn't have made a better choice. The moment we walked I was charmed first by the gorgeous decor and then by the professional and polite staff. After dealing with rude behavior for hours this was exactly what I needed to unwind and feel at ease again.

It truly has a lovely atmosphere. The food is thoughtful, delicious and elegant. The rooms are lovely, clean and comfortable. If you sign up for their free rewards program you also have free wireless during your stay... They serve an afternoon tea too. It really is just that wonderful.
If you need to almost guarantee a positive environment to be your home away from home while in Seattle I cannot recommend this location more!

Room Tip: If you purchase a room through Priceline or a similar service don't hesitate to go for the upgra...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (527)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
port orchard
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

Did a getaway trip to Seattle and the Fairmont was on a reduced rate. Service was excellent from the valet, to the doorman, to the concierge. The fitness center had precor ellipticals and the pool was warm and the hot tub had space for over a dozen people. The room was on the old side and our room had a leaky AC. The suite was well appointed and even had french doors separating it from the main living area. The location is also perfect. Breakfast at the Georgian was high quality as well.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

We spent a week at the Fairmont in Seattle. Once we arrived we upgraded our room to a suite. The suites are nice and have lots of room along with a TV in the bedroom and in the main room. The decor was a little outdated. The room was quiet and we were able to open the windows a bit to let some fresh air in. The hotel staff was very nice and accomodating. Parking for the hotel is right across the street but is pricey per day (maybe not by Seattle standards). I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the downtown seattle area. Even though we had a car lots of restaurants, bars and sights within walking distance.

Room Tip: We were on the 11th floor and seemed to very nice and quiet there at night.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Widnes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

The is a very nice hotel with nice rooms which are above standard for large chain hotels.
It's very conveniently located for the shops & restaurants - about 5 mins walk from the Crab Pot for man V food fans! Wild Ginger restaurant also highly recommended for delicious Thai food.I've always wanted to see Pike Place Market & the fish throwing vendors - worth seeing definitely, but what amazed me about the market was the fresh flowers & the cherries. Amazing!The seafood stalls are amazing, the chewing gum wall stinking and the overall Seattle experience fantastic. All within 15 minutes walk from the hotel. Would definitely recommend this hotel and would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cameroncity
Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

If you like old classic Hotels that have that "Old Lady" grace, then this is the place. Central to Restaurants and shopping and very easy to get to from Interstate 5, the main North South Freeway which goes through Seattle. Great staff and very welcoming. The valet parking is expensive but all parking in Seattle seems that way.
This is a great place to stay on the way through Seattle or for a weekend. The rooms are typical of an older designed Hotel but they have done a great job updating the rooms. Very Classy!!

Room Tip: Choose a room on a higher floor and away from the elevators and ice machines. Higher up as the stree...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Montreal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

Stayed here for a week on business. Nice hotel, nice rooms right in the heart of downtown and super frinedly staff from doormen, to front desk to waiter/waiteresses.

Here is a little story to sum up the experience. On night 3, without any other real interaction with the concierge, we ask him to make a dinner reservation for 8 at the Metropolitan, a famous Seattle steakhouse. He makes the call for us and we head out for a drink and then to the restaurant. After we are seated and looking over the menu, the waiter brings 4 plates of 'American' Kobe beef carpaccio, compliments of the concierge at the Fairmont.

Considering we had never been in the hotel before and only had three rooms booked there at a normal rate, I was extremely impressed by the gesture.

Also had a good (expensive) breakfast at the hotel and a very good seasfood restaurant (Shuckers) affiliated with the hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank JDParker1369
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

This hotel was booked for a business banquette. Upon arrival, valet and check in staff were GREAT!! Very friendly and knowledgable. However, they upgraded our rooms to a king when I really wanted 2 doubles (2 girls need space to get ready) They couldn't even give us my confirmed room :( Bathroom has no fan. Very very hot and stuffy room. When it came to our dinner party I gave our server my allergy ticket and talked to multiple people to make sure they were aware. I had to ask every course if I could eat it. Every plate was sent back. But the worst part was that my Entree, upon sending my plate back to the waiter, had to wait 3 hours to get my new Entree. But it was my old filet of beef! I was humiliated!! They gave me back my old plate that was now cold. I had then asked for a plate of fruit which I saw someone else got. It arrived 45 minutes later when the coffee was being removed from our table. Went back to our turned down room and the tv didn't work. Had to call the front desk and the tech arrived 40 minutes later and fixed it. The valet was speedy and check out service was excellent. I wrote an email to the manager and have not heard a response. Will NEVER go to this hotel again!! $13 breakfast not included with stay...

• Stayed March 2012