“Very nice, very tasty.”

Good for: View
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: West Seattle
Reviewed September 9, 2018

If you're on Alki beach I recommend seafood. Any seafood will do, I'm sure, but Sunfish is really good. Their fries are very crisp, their battered prawns are delicious. Their tartar sauce is fantastic. I was sad that I didn't have time to sample more of their food but what I did have was definitely enough to make me want to come back for more.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

Great location, simple counter ordering keeps prices down and halibut and Calamari was fresh and well cooked. Halibut was fresher and moist and better than Dukes halibut and chips the day before. Would definitely return to fill that fish and chips craving that comes around every so often.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

Stumbled across this place while visiting Alki Beach and couldn’t have been more delighted. We enjoyed outstanding fish, chips and oysters. Make sure you try the vinegar - lots of wonderful herbs and garlic. Sooooo wonderful. We will be back.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank lumomtravels
Reviewed August 7, 2018

Sure those 2 crazy Greek brothers, Michael and Peter, can put you in your place sometimes, but I've been getting our fish 'n chips there for decades now! Watch their hours and days...maybe even call first...parking can sometimes be a challenge (Alki...Dah!!!) but it is absolutely the best!!! This is coming from a guy who grew up on fish at Spud's-Green Lake....Sunfish is the best!!! Great slaw!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 10, 2018

GPS took me to Alki on a sunny afternoon, and this was the first fish place I spotted. It was a nice find. Parking is at a premium in this area, but Sunfish has room behind the restaurant for about 4 cars or so. There is also a 30 minute loading zone in front of the restaurant with room for 6 cars, so if you are getting takeout, that is very convenient. There is very nice, clean indoor dining with lots of tables. We chose one of the half-dozen tables on the patio for our lunch - wonderful. Ordered from the counter from a menu on the wall with lots of interesting choices. I went for chowder and decided on a 2 piece cod. You get a buck off if you choose not to have the fries, and I'm glad I went that route because I mooched some from wife and discovered they were really limp and unappetizing. Good news is the fish was superb - a nice crispy jacket around an ample fillet. Very taste and grease-free. Guess the cook thought my 2 pieces were too small and generously included a 3rd piece in my basket. Thought the chowder was firm and creamy with a pleasant taste, but it could use more clams to create more flavor and substance. All in all, we really loved our lunch. Went for a nice walk and further down the beach saw a couple of other fish places that boast multiple locations and offer very nice food, but we were very happy to discover Sunfish & would probably choose it again next time we visit the area.

Date of visit: June 2018

Been to Sunfish Seafood? Share your experiences!