“If you like charcouterie you must go here.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: Salumi Artisan Cured Meats is a USDA Salumi Meat Curing Facility. We produce meats for our Deli, which is adjacent to the Meat Curing facility as well as wholesale customers within the US. Within Seattle, our cured meats can be purchased at DeLaurenti (Pike Place Market) and the Metropolitan Markets throughout the area. In our deli, you may purchase sandwiches, soup, pasta and cured meats. If you wish sliced meats, you must order these in advance.
Vancouver, Canada
“If you like charcouterie you must go here.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

Everything is made here and is delicious. Informal and fantastic. Salamis,cheeses, soups, porcetta, wine....all great. Lunch only. Check the hours.

Visited April 2012
3 Thank Janice234

Oakland, California
“Salu(me), please.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I dropped my Amtrak baggage off at the $3 babysitter and immediately came here. How could I have known that a sandwich could be more than a sandwich? That a tiny little shop could be more than a tiny little shop? How could I have known that this would change the way I see sandwiches and how I see this institution.

The menu isn't extensive and you could still find yourself befuddled over what you order. But, this was my first visit and I wanted to take it classic...I ordered the salumi salami. It had a thin schlacking of a (what I think) parsely-pesto. Finely cohersed parsely with its cirtus notes and piquant garlic, layered with incredibly sweet and saliferous, gingery and peppery and although lean...seemed fatty. In a good way. Freshly torn Mozzarella and all on aeriformed Guiseppe bread. $9.90

And yes, I did get a table at noon on a Thursday. It was in the back, at a communal table, set with carafes of water. I had pleasant company from a couple from Chi-town, a couple from Seattle, and a couple from Japan (I watched the husband throw back an entire meatball sandwich and half a salumi).

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank EatGordaEat
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
“Salami and more!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

This take out restaurant had the best salami sandwich I have ever eaten. The smoked paprika salami was spicy, tasty and really went well with the provolone cheese. The bread was really nice and chewy but also crunchy. We got there a few minutes before opening time at 11 AM and were still 15th in line. Great food.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank buckeyefan48
Seattle, Washington
“Unfortunately, Salumi's is overrated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

I love sandwiches and really wanted to love this place, especially after I stand in line for so long. However, the sandwich is slightly above average at best. My favorite part was the fresh mozzarella cheese, which you should get if you go. Paseo's is a far superior sandwich in every way possible.

I would try this place once when the line is short just to say you went here. You won't want to make another visit.

Visited May 2011
3 Thank RyanKam
Netherlands
“One of the best sandwiches ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

The wait isn't that long and totally worth it! Porchetta or Meatball sandwich are a real treat. When the whether is ok you can enjoy your sandwich across from the station on some benches.

Visited March 2012