“Nice surprise”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Magnolia / Queen Anne
Reviewed August 8, 2016

I found this by chance after walking from Kerry Park.
A nice restaurant and family-run - it is popular with locals and along the main road plus the cute neighborhood with a great view of Seattle.
The owner is very nice and the chef is great too.
You can see them making the dishes and food is fresh + quick.

Reviewed August 7, 2016

This place doesn't look very inviting from outside, but they offer very fresh seafood. I saw many autographs of famous Japanese people in Seattle such as baseball players, so I assume this is one of the best Japanese restaurants here. Sushi was good, but rice was a little too sour to my taste. I should have had sashimi instead. Other dishes such as chicken katsu was just O.K. It's too bad that they have to charge for hot green tea which wasn't that good. The chef looked very friendly.

Reviewed July 3, 2016 via mobile

We were staying in a hotel across the street and this was a recommendation from the bartender. Family and I made our way over and were greeted by the owner/chef. Once seated the adventure began. The chef trained was trained in Japan. The food was fresh, fresh, fresh. He of course had the usual selection and on the special were several versions of uni available. I'm not partial to the texture of uni so I skipped that and went for the aji. This was a great recommendation and if you are in the area of lower Queen Anne Hill I highly recommend this spot you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed May 29, 2016 via mobile

While the building itself is not that exciting or even really nice for that matter, the food was good and the staff was very nice. Good variety of sushi as well as tempura, noodles, etc. The sushi was very fresh and they can even do blowfish, but you have to request in advance. Great find.

Reviewed May 29, 2016

I agree with a previous reviewer. You could miss this place if you blink. We did not even think it was open. It is listed as the best sushi in the area, I hope not. While not bad, it really was not good, I ordered the sushi appetizer and a salad. The salad was the standard, However, I have never had a bad one. The sushi appetizer was just the right size. However, it was nothing special. The service was excellent. The restrooms were sparkling clean. The price was reasonable. The menu is a bit limited.
I would not refuse to come back. I just would not choose to return.