“Good sashimi”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Magnolia / Queen Anne
Reviewed August 18, 2017

Enjoyed a pre-opera meal here and was impressed with the quality of the food. Husband and I ordered sashimi dinners, which came with excellent miso soup, a typical sushi bar salad and a side of rice. The sashimi platter included some unique preparations. The fish was very high quality and the sake samplers we ordered made a perfect accompaniment. Prices were reasonable for the quality and portions.

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed November 20, 2016

I had a nice long review written but then the Internet flaked and Tripadvisor's website design lost it all.

So I'll just say that it's good sushi and side dishes, good value for money, nice atmosphere, attentive service, and you should eat here rather than the more pretentious places right on Mercer.

Get one of the teriyaki meals if you're hungry; even the small one comes with miso soup, side salad, side order tempura shrimp and vegetables as well as good teriyaki over rice.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed August 8, 2016

I found this by chance after walking from Kerry Park.
A nice restaurant and family-run - it is popular with locals and along the main road plus the cute neighborhood with a great view of Seattle.
The owner is very nice and the chef is great too.
You can see them making the dishes and food is fresh + quick.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed August 7, 2016

This place doesn't look very inviting from outside, but they offer very fresh seafood. I saw many autographs of famous Japanese people in Seattle such as baseball players, so I assume this is one of the best Japanese restaurants here. Sushi was good, but rice was a little too sour to my taste. I should have had sashimi instead. Other dishes such as chicken katsu was just O.K. It's too bad that they have to charge for hot green tea which wasn't that good. The chef looked very friendly.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed July 3, 2016 via mobile

We were staying in a hotel across the street and this was a recommendation from the bartender. Family and I made our way over and were greeted by the owner/chef. Once seated the adventure began. The chef trained was trained in Japan. The food was fresh, fresh, fresh. He of course had the usual selection and on the special were several versions of uni available. I'm not partial to the texture of uni so I skipped that and went for the aji. This was a great recommendation and if you are in the area of lower Queen Anne Hill I highly recommend this spot you will not be disappointed.

Date of visit: July 2016