“Location, ambiance, staff and food - all good”
Review of Cafe Lago

Cafe Lago
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Lago is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #525 of 4,597 Restaurants in Seattle
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Contemporary
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 2, 2016

The food is good, so good that I had a dream about it one night. The white lasagna is tasty and satisfying while not so heavy as lasagna so often is. But to be clear -- it's lasagna, only lasagna. Some reviews here are anticipating something unreasonable. Cafe Lago has good food, the staff was attentive and professional, the service was pretty quick and it's easy to get street parking nearby. Kind of a perfect package from my point of view.

Reviewed November 14, 2016

Have visited this restaurant several times, and it never disappoints. The menu is creative, it is diverse, the service great, and it is a terrific destination after a UW football game. All in all a great venue.

Reviewed October 12, 2016

This is Very good, classic italian. We eat here regularly and have enjoyed it every time. My favorites are the lazagna & the steak. Pizza are done in the wood oven so expect some black, we enjoy that. We always have to get the antipasta plate. Casual atmosphere and good, but not oppressive service. It is on the pricy side by the time you are done - because we can't resist getting all the things we want... There is special pricing on Monday & Tuesdays.

Reviewed August 11, 2016 via mobile

This place seems to cruise on having a quasi restaurant monopoly in the tiny Montlake retail stretch. Service is fast but indifferent. The food is just OK but priced as if it were some fancy place. I hope the pub next door takes off and gives Cafe Lago an impetus to improve the quality of its fare and service.

Reviewed August 3, 2016

We recently came here to celebrate my birthday. We choose this place because of the good reviews. We are so glad we came here. Great experience all the way around. Great food; Great service and great ambience. I would definitely recommend ordering their lasagna. It is a meatless lasagna and has 9 layers of noodles with cheese. The noodles just melted in your mouth. I ordered a zucchini ravioli for myself which also had a lot of flavor. Addis, our waiter, was very friendly. He must have mentioned it was my birthday to the owner because she came over to personally wish me a Happy Birthday. This restaurant has a great neighborhood feel and is all white inside. We will definitely be back.