“GREEK Dinner at the bars with Pete”
Review of Christo's on Alki

Christo's on Alki
Ranked #608 of 4,455 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Greek
Neighbourhood: West Seattle
Neighbourhood: West Seattle
Reviewed May 19, 2018 via mobile

Ask Pete for his top 4 dinner recommendations then watch him make Spanish Coffee's. Drinking them is addictive.

Reviewed May 15, 2018 via mobile

We stopped in here for a quick bite. It was not busy and we were sat by the window. We ordered the chicken wings and the Greek appetizer sampler. Our food was very good. The view was beautiful. Definitely a small business as the owner was yelling at a pedestrian who just came into use the bathroom.

Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

Family business place.
Th food and drinks are really good and it's affordable. I truly recommend this place

Reviewed January 21, 2018 via mobile

Great breakfast on Alki beach.. It's locals and tourists grabbing a bloody and a Greek omelette. It's fast Family owned so MamA greets you be son Johnny serves you the mimosa. Good food and good people

Reviewed January 18, 2018

Along with many others, we were walking along the Alki beach front when hunger hit. There are plenty of burger places, pubs, pizza, northwest fare and a few higher end places but we wanted something "homey" and different. Then, we came upon Christo's. Once seated it became clear this was a locals' favorite, as many were greeted by first name as they arrived. "Mamma", as named on some Christo's menu items, was in attendance. This restaurant appears to be a family enterprise. In my opinion, it's nice to support a truly local restaurant and one that's not part of a chain.

As is my custom, I ordered a salad, "Momma's Greek Salad", and was pleased to find that "mixed greens" did not mean that combination so often found that comes from a premix purchased through restaurant supply. Here it seemed that the greens were actually prepared and "mixed" at the restaurant. Also ordered was calamari to top the salad. Here Christo's gets 5 stars. The calamari was delicately breaded and flash cooked to perfection. It's so easy to over cook calamari and end up with chewy rubberbands. I also enjoyed the greek dressing which had a nice balance of oil and vinegar (not too much of either) and spices (not too much oregano).

My family companion had souvlaki chicken which was accompanied by some good looking greek french fries (see picture). Chicken was tender & moist.

The only reason I didn't give an overall 5 rating is because I thought the prices were a little high.

Been to Christo's on Alki? Share your experiences!