“Nice but a little too much on the spice”
Review of Eva Restaurant & Wine Bar - CLOSED

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Lake Union
Reviewed 11 October 2013

This place has a nice intimate feel to it. The only thing bad with the layout is that there's one restroom for both genders, and it is awkwardly in the back.

As for the service, it is great. The staff are friendly and take a good joke. The prices are also extremely reasonable for the great quality of the food.

As for the food, I would say overall it was excellent. As I already said, the prices are reasonable. The squash soup was very good and Asian infused. The hummous appetizer special was good but the accompanying lamb was a bit too salty for my tastes. The mains--scallops and chicken--were both too spiced. I like a little cumin in my food, but not spoonfuls. I would say the dishes were great for those who like intense flavours, but I am more of the subtle type.

That said, the food is more on the verge of Southeast Asian/Indian fusion than it is with any European cuisine. I don't think the cuisine description on the Tripadvisor website is accurate.

Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

Eva offers almost a fine dining experience; it's a better restaurant than one would expect to find in a residential neighborhood quite a few blocks from the busy Greenlake scene. People arrive in shorts and golf shirts for a slow dinner - but who cares how long it takes, it's all very pleasant. We enjoyed an excellent green salad with cheese, a tasty corn chowder, lamb with hummus, hanger steak, and a grand bitter chocolate pot de crime, as well as a very nice nectarine and blueberry crumble.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

Eva has been a fairly regular place for my wife and I. We love the ambiance and the food is solid and fresh. Prices are very reasonable for Seattle. We loved the staff; however, many of our favorite staff members moved on, which takes a little of the fun out of going to a place enough times where the staff knows who you are. If you haven't tried Eva yet in the Tangletown area between Greenlake and Wallingford, give it a try; you will enjoy it.

Reviewed 2 May 2013

My wife and I have eaten at Eva restaurant four times now, and it has become one of our favorite restaurants in Seattle (up there with the Dahlia Lounge, Poppy's and Tilth). It is a casual but very cozy and comfortable environment, with a hit of elegance in the white cotton table cloths and napkins. The last meal was our best, but not by much. The salad that we shared was one of the most unusual and wonderful salads we have had anywhere. We shared two entrees, a leek and potato tart made with puff pastry and risotto and dungeness crab cakes, both of which were absolutely divine. We do not eat meat of any kind, so we cannot rate their preparation of anything but vegetarian and fish entrees. I do think their vegetarian entrees are among the most creative and tasty in all of Seattle.

1  Thank Rblumentjkrug
Reviewed 1 March 2013

So we've given this place two tries now - both times thanks to vouchers deals. Both times we were left disappointed.

We want so very much to like this establishment...it is the perfect size, has a good ambiance, and is great location for a "hey, let's just go out tonight" sort of spot. Something nicer than Applebee's (we are both too much in the way of "foodies" to ever dine there except under duress...like at the airport between flights), but not a full on night on the town.

Alas - on both occasions however the meal left us disappointed. Don't get me wrong...the food isn't bad. It just isn't...good. I mean, when the highlight of the meal is the fresh baked bread with their specially seasoned butter...well...what does that tell you?

As I said, on both visits we were using vouchers, but even with that found the meal to be barely value appropriate. If we had paid full freight I would have to say it would be something of a rip-off, hence my comments in the title regarding it not being a good value.

This is the sort of place that many people who aren't really familiar with or lovers of food will think is just fine. It taste better than microwave food at home, better than fast food, better than Applebee's. But if you know food...if you love food....pass and save yourself the disappointment... 2.5 stars at best