“Eva's is a gem”

Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Lake Union
Reviewed 8 September 2014

Everything at Eva's is good. Unfortunately I can't recommend a specific dish because the menu changes with the seasons. This time I had grilled chicken with corn risotto and grilled tomatoes and a garden salad with balsamic dressing. Both were super. One of the people at our table had. Salmon with lentil pilaf, which she said was the best salmon she ever had. We have eaten here many times, and we have never been disappointed with anything we ordered. Noise level not bad.

1  Thank Nann Z

Reviewed 20 June 2014

In a city filled with world-class restaurants, it's easy for a restaurant that's been around for a while to get overlooked. We walked to Tangletown from our home in Wallingford, hoping to sneak in sans a reservation at Mkt., the intimate Ethan Stowell restaurant that opened last fall. One look at the crowd on the sidewalk coupled with the growl in our bellies told us to keep walking. We walked to the Burgundian, a cozy comfort-food establishment we know well, only to find it closed for renovations. On our way, we passed by Eva, a quaint little French-bistro-ish corner restaurant with small tables and white table cloths. Noting the underpopulated dining room, we decided to sit at the bar in case we decided to ditch after an appetizer. Boy were we pleasantly surprised. The restaurant has a really respectable Old World wine list, with a couple Washington selections for good measure. The selection of bubbles by the glass caught our eye as did the list of five champagne cocktails. I had a glass of Crémant which was a lovely golden color that tasted as good as it looked and smelled. My husband had the Hemingway, champagne with absinthe and a sugar cube. These both complimented the mussels, which were plump, well steamed and well seasoned. Officially "Totten Inlet Mussels Steamed with Vinho Verde, Red Onion Chermoula, and Spanish Chorizo, this $14 plate was worth every penny and we sopped up as much of the beautiful broth as the incredible Columbia City Bakery sourdough bread would let us. Totally acclimated now to the Seattle small-plate tradition, we ordered the Grilled Leg of Lamb with Roasted Fingerling Potato Salad, Radish, Snap Peas, Feta, Mint, and Lemon–Tarragon Vinaigrette to share. For $21, this was a steal. Presented classically atop beautifully sliced fingerling potatoes and radish, the lamb was cooked perfectly as ordered, medium rare, but the wow factor resided with the refreshing combo of mint, lemon and feta and beautiful snap pea greens, which was completely amazing and refreshing, taking the lamb to a whole new lighter level for me. After tasting three wines we expressed interest in - an Italian Langhe Rosso, a French Syrah and a Washington red (of an unusual varietal that I can't remember, darn it), we shared a glass of the Washington red, which was really lovely with the lamb. (I love a server that will let you taste wines, by the way. It's no fun to make a double-digit beverage mistake.) The desserts are all unique and tempting but in the end we shared the beautiful small tower of Coconut Cake with Toasted Coconut Whipped Cream & Chocolate Sauce, $7. This beautiful dessert coupled with a well-prepared gin Last Word, a classic cocktail favorite of my husband's, and we were two satisfied, happy and well-fed campers. Overall, this place was a beautiful surprise and I feel, a very underrated gem in Tangletown that warrants a whole new round of attention. I realize this may make it as hard to get into as the other newer restaurants, but Chef and owner Amy McCray and her staff
totally deserve it.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

The reviews that I read on this restaurant was somewhat mixed although there were far more positives than negatives It goes to prove that you often have to experience things for yourself as our overall reactions to the restaurant was super positive.. The restaurant is welcoming with white linen tablecloths and had unpretentious but charming ambiance. Our waitress was very professional and friendly and was able to answer our questions regarding the menu. There were four of us and we all ordered something different--from vegetarian to the carnivore. The presentation was lovely and thoughts crossed my mine that if the food taste nearly close to how nice the presentation was, we would be most happy! Yep, we were all quite happy. Eva is a neighborhood restaurant and is easy to overlook as there are no huge signs blinking off & on, "Eat Here" The combination tasting dessert plate is highly recommended. .: .

Reviewed 4 March 2014

A Seattle-lite and one who lives on the road, can easily say the combinations, creation and quality of this restaurant is my favorite I've had while at home or on the road. Delicious and reasonably priced for the quality.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

This place has a nice intimate feel to it. The only thing bad with the layout is that there's one restroom for both genders, and it is awkwardly in the back.

As for the service, it is great. The staff are friendly and take a good joke. The prices are also extremely reasonable for the great quality of the food.

As for the food, I would say overall it was excellent. As I already said, the prices are reasonable. The squash soup was very good and Asian infused. The hummous appetizer special was good but the accompanying lamb was a bit too salty for my tastes. The mains--scallops and chicken--were both too spiced. I like a little cumin in my food, but not spoonfuls. I would say the dishes were great for those who like intense flavours, but I am more of the subtle type.

That said, the food is more on the verge of Southeast Asian/Indian fusion than it is with any European cuisine. I don't think the cuisine description on the Tripadvisor website is accurate.