“Great Meal after a long walk.”
Review of Spud Fish & Chips

Good for: View
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: West Seattle
Reviewed August 5, 2018

We were only in town for 24 hours and I wanted to take the water taxi to West Seattle. We ended up walking 2 miles along the beach and were tired and hungry after our long day of travel. I love fish and chips and vowed to eat them at every place possible on our trip. Now, after having fish and chips at 4 places from Seattle to Skagway I thought Spuds was the overall best. The fries were good and the cod was nicely battered and perfectly fried. The portions were large and delicious. We were there in the early evening/late afternoon and they weren’t busy-not sure if that makes a difference.

Reviewed August 2, 2018

After spending a few hours on the beach we were in the mood for some fish and chips. By chance, a local found us standing in front of a closed restaurant and she told us to go to Spud's. She liked it better anyway. So off we went.

I really enjoyed my meal, which was a basket of fries with oysters. The fries were tasty and the oysters were decent. They would have been better if they were not deep fried. We dined upstairs and there were little squeeze bottles of various sauces. We found a chili vinegar sauce that went really nicely with the oysters.

My wife was less impressed with her fish. It was kind of thin. I think that has more to do with the type of fish than the quality. I had a bite and found it to be pretty good.

Reviewed July 18, 2018

We were entertaining out-of-town visitors and the only place we could find to park on Alki was Spud's parking lot, so we went there for fish & chips. We used to live in West Seattle and have been to Spud's maybe five times -- always at someone else's suggestion because I never thought their food was very good. I recall that Ivar's owned Spud's a while back and their fries got better for a while but now they're back to literally being garbage.

The fries our party was served with our fish were a soggy, greasy, disgusting mess. No one in our party ate theirs after one bite. The batter on my fish was not cooked all the way so was doughy and kinda gross, and everyone thought the tartar sauce tasted weird. We were very embarrassed to have taken our guests to such a crappy place.

The location is great and the people are nice, but frankly, the food is not good and we won't be back.

Reviewed June 18, 2018

Right on the beach, this was the perfect way to fill our empty stomachs after a long flight from NYC. I had the clam chowder in the sourdough bowl, which was tasty if not exciting, and my husband had the fish and chips. I never like fish and chips, but I tried his, and I found it was superb to any I'd had before. It's a bare bones kind of place, but if you're looking for tasty, filling summer food, it's great.

Reviewed June 10, 2018 via mobile

Great area, good food. Cod & chips was good. Nice serving size. Quick service. Accurate, helpful, friendly. Reasonably priced.

Been to Spud Fish & Chips? Share your experiences!