“What a GREAT DINING Experience!”
Review of Crush - CLOSED

Crush
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 23rd Avenue
Transit: directly in front of the restaurant
Reviewed January 16, 2015 via mobile

So, I had the fortune of dining at this restaurant last week, and I thoroughly enjoyed myself! Crush serves up American cuisine with an ultra-modern flair, and the chefs do NOT disappoint. For my dining experience, I chose to sit at their kitchen bar, so I had full view of the chefs in action throughout the evening. And, yes! It was an entire evening that I spent here, because I chose to have their TWELVE...YES...12-course tasting menu! Rather than go through a complete review of each course, I'll provide a summary. Of the 12-courses, I found five (5) to be absolutely FANTASTIC! The other seven (7) courses ranged between good and REALLY good! Overall, I DEFINITELY recommend this restaurant to any seeking to have a truly unique dining experience! Oh! By the way, the restaurant is located inside of an old (100 or so years) home, and while the owner has maintained it's old charm, the interior is ultra-modern, which creates a REALLY NICE atmosphere! Give this place a shot; you'll be glad you did!

Reviewed January 1, 2015

When I go to a restaurant I want to order dishes that I myself haven't yet prepared, or at least rarely do make. I don't want to eat something I will find in my own kitchen in a few days.
Ordering at Crush made that requirement very easy. The menu is small but each item on it is definitely a "special occasion" dish.
Meal Details:
Duck- delicious! Done quite rare, which I am told is the only way to do it, so beware if your not a fan of that as it was very rare in the middle, That made the meat very moist however. You only get two slices, so you made need to stop at Dick's on the way home.
Lamb-Husband said it was some of the best he has ever had, and he definitely has had a lot of it in his time.
Foie gras - amazing was the descriptor used on this dish
Beet salad- tast, but not anything special
Oxtail Ravioli-ran out just as we placed the order-dang
Chocolate Molten cake with cherries-yummy

Pricey- Wine prices quite high, plates very small, so either order a few items, eat something before you arrive, or plan on a stop on the way home if you are a big eater. Either way, make sure to give Crush a try as it it definitely a tasty experience.

Reviewed October 19, 2014

From the minute we walked into what looks like a house from the outside but is ultra modern and contemporary on the inside, we knew we were in for something special and we weren't disappointed. We had rockstar treatment all evening for our anniversary including kicking it off with 2 complimentary glasses of champagne. We could have easily ordered everything on the menu but limited ourselves to the geoduck (we had to do it... we were visiting Seattle after all!), the sweetbreads with bacon were a must as was the Roasted Muscovy Duck Breast with apricot mustard and hamachi crudo. And for sure don't miss their play on Bacon & Eggs. I about cancelled the rest of my meal and just ordered 3 more of these.
The evening was just perfect. From thoughtful service to creative and beautiful food. It was the perfect way for two foodies to spend their anniversary. Thank you.

Reviewed September 17, 2014

As others had mentioned, Crush is a great place to enjoy an adventurous meal. If you're turned off by things like salmon caviar, sweetbreads, and unusual textures and temperatures, you may want to be selective with what you order. If you're a foodie and enjoy that kind of dining experience, Crush definitely brings it!

My wife and I visited and ordered the 12 course tasting menu. Our personal favorite "tastes" were bacon & eggs (parsnip flan, salmon caviar, topped with bacon creme fraiche), the Wagyu beef tartare (made with vodka and foie gras, topped with shaved truffle - decadent!), and what I can only describe as the most tender steak I have ever had, served with a mushroom consomme and kim chi bok choy. The grilled octopus was awesome as well.

We have had tasting menus in quite a few places, Crush set a new high bar for us to compare against! Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed September 14, 2014

This was our second trip to Crush. A little over two years had passed since the first time, and my wife and I were excited to visit again. Both times we did the tasting menu and both times we thoroughly enjoyed the creativity and delicately balanced, contrasting flavors of our meal. There is a real spirit of playfulness with the presentation and use of ingredients, and it is always a treat to have a meal designed by someone who cares so much about the details.

On this visit I noticed the richness of the majority of the courses that I hadn't noticed the first time. Individually it was not an issue, but taken together it was too much for one meal. I'd like to see more of a contrast in richness from course to course just because so much rich food plays havoc with the digestion. This is a small point, in the overall context of the meal, because this is an exceptional place to visit.