“Very Disappointed in Crush”
Review of Crush - CLOSED

Crush
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 23rd Avenue
Transit: directly in front of the restaurant
Reviewed March 22, 2015

Recently I went with friends to Crush with some foodie friends. None of us had been there before, and were anxious to try it. Several of us ordered a starter, which the portion size should have been called an amuse. The portions were so small that it was no more than a bite. That should have been a clue that our dinner course was not going to be a true entree portion size. My black cod was 1/4 inch thick (with the skin) and a 1 x 1 1/2 rectangle; the other entrees were no better. We did not order from the tasting menu, and I would have expected at least a decent portion of fish for $30. We were all very disappointed in this restaurant and will not go back and I would not recommend to anyone unless they have anorexia.

2  Thank Lauri S

Reviewed March 19, 2015

The food is amazing, as is the service. The atmosphere is unusual (formerly a residence, remodeled in a modern-but-intimate restaurant design), but great for a romantic dinner for two. Not the most inexpensive place of course, but it one of my favorite restaurants in Seattle for special occasions.

Reviewed March 4, 2015 via mobile

This ace has been in plane site for seattle citizens for years. It really blew me away the variety and choices they had made for the tasting menu. Each dish delivered promptly after you've finale the last with new silverware and wine pairing. Excellent service well trained staff for a great night for a great meal

Reviewed January 17, 2015

My husband had been to Crush before, and was excited to share its creative food with me. We tried many dishes and I can only say that the waygu beef was amazing, and the other dishes were not far behind. What made it even more of an enjoyable experience was that the chef made an effort to provide guests with personal attention and the waitstaff was attentive and friendly. Enjoy!!

Reviewed January 16, 2015 via mobile

So, I had the fortune of dining at this restaurant last week, and I thoroughly enjoyed myself! Crush serves up American cuisine with an ultra-modern flair, and the chefs do NOT disappoint. For my dining experience, I chose to sit at their kitchen bar, so I had full view of the chefs in action throughout the evening. And, yes! It was an entire evening that I spent here, because I chose to have their TWELVE...YES...12-course tasting menu! Rather than go through a complete review of each course, I'll provide a summary. Of the 12-courses, I found five (5) to be absolutely FANTASTIC! The other seven (7) courses ranged between good and REALLY good! Overall, I DEFINITELY recommend this restaurant to any seeking to have a truly unique dining experience! Oh! By the way, the restaurant is located inside of an old (100 or so years) home, and while the owner has maintained it's old charm, the interior is ultra-modern, which creates a REALLY NICE atmosphere! Give this place a shot; you'll be glad you did!