FX McRory's Whiskey Bar

Reviewed May 30, 2016
gsteel514
Rancho Murieta, California
via mobile
Holy crap you can't go wrong

You can't go wrong - they have more whiskey to choose from than any other place I have seen - its... read more

Reviewed June 27, 2017
monkandthelaw
Eau Claire, Wisconsin

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Seattle
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 14, 2016 via mobile

I remembered the name and the mirrored bar but that was about all I could recall. The volume of liquor up behind the bar is impressive. And each type appears to be alphabetized!

The food, however, is an afterthought. I had greasy fried cod that left my stomach in trouble hours later.

Nevertheless, it was fun to see the place again and have a local beer.

Reviewed May 30, 2016 via mobile

Stopped in for a drink and snacks at the bar. Decor was great and the spirits selection was amazing. Clam chowder yummy too. Service iffy but the place wasn't very busy at 2 in downtown. Walk to Safeco easily.

Reviewed May 5, 2016 via mobile

I have not been here in a few years but some things are just staples in any visit to Seattle and this is certainly one of those places. Mick the owner still greats people every day! Amazing. He is always happy to see a familiar face even if it has been a few years. Had some great service at the bar from Victor and Dre. Dre was the bartender and her knowledge of spirits was unsurpassed. Pick any one of 1500 (give or take) bottles on the wall and I'm sure she can give you intimate details about it. We talked about only 30 or 40 in our conversation but it was very clear...she's a whiskey girl! Always a plus to have a staff that not only knows their job but truly takes pride in it. When you go make sure you get the center cut NY Sirloin Sandwich. It's usually on the lunch menu but you can usually get it at night if you ask nicely. It is melt in your mouth fantastic. Best sandwich and cut I've had in years hands down. With a really good variety of beers (taps and bottle) you really can't go wrong. Thanks again for a great experience!

Reviewed May 4, 2016

In town for a Mariners weekday game; stopped in for a late lunch. Loved the atmosphere, the food and drinks were excellent. My hubby had the seafood stew with a pinot gris, I had the grilled shrimp scampi with a Diamond Knot IPA. An Irish whiskey bar was setting up for happy hour, the representative was very friendly and chatted with us. Our waiter recommended another drinking establishment to check out.

Reviewed February 11, 2016 via mobile

I stopped by for happy hour. I thought that the food was fresh and quite good. $25 for 3 appy and a beer seems fair also. My biggest disappointment was I ordered horseradish when my oysters came to the table but I received it once all my other food was done. Bit of a wait for something so basic. The service was attentive but there were also very few people in the restaurant.