“It's my Birthday!”

Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle
Ranked #18 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Wow! What a stay! My husband and I stayed here to be able to celebrate my birthday in town without driving. It was a few blocks further from the market area that I wanted, but well worth the extra steps. EVERYONE at 1000 was awesome, from valet to concierge to front desk where we had a glass of bubbles at check-in. They knew it was my birthday and the valet even brought me a red rose :)

The room was gorgeous and comfy. Like everyone else, we loved the bathtub (it's perfect for 2) and I could have stayed in it all night just drinking champagne and listening to the Mood channel.

I look forward for another reason to spend a special night at the Hotel.

Thank you!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lolasmomma
Denny F, General Manager at Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2012

Dear Lolasmomma,

What a delight reading your review on Trip Advisor regarding your birthday celebration this month. Your comments are heartfelt and I have shared your review with all of my staff. Also- your words mean a great deal to us- especially because you are a senior contributor and can tell that your time with us was "memorable"

You mentioned that you are looking for a reason to spend another night with us. We will help "create' new memories. Let me know.

Reviewed 5 March 2012

This hotel is in downtown, close to everything SAM, Pike Place Mkt. I was staying there for a business conference the hotel was also hosting so got to see PLENTY of their service and food. Hotel staff are exceptional; always looking to be of assistance.
The room was incredible. I had waterfront view, very nice. Everything was spotless...I can find nothing to suggest for how to improve this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a waterfront view.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank spendoctor

Dear Spendoctor,

Thank you very much for taking the time to send such a positive review regarding your recent stay. Your words even mean more to my staff and I since you are a senior reviewer.

We are delighted that you expereinced "first class all the way" and hope that when your travel plans, (even though you are a ways away in MN.) you will stay with us again and let us "create new memories"

Reviewed 4 March 2012

Just off the entrance is the hotel’s Studio 1000, a lobby-slash-family room featuring a huge modern open fireplace I immediately coveted for our own home. I couldn’t help but try my hand at a few games I’d never seen on the Microsoft Surface touch screen table while I warmed up from the wet Seattle weather.

ROOMS

The rooms at Hotel 1000 range from 390 square-feet to the 2,000 square-foot Grand Suite. Every room has another distinctive touch – a unique pedestal bathtub that fills from the ceiling. As cool as that is, what is a bathtub without a rubber ducky? Clearly this hotel thinks like I do because one was waiting for me, perched on the side of the impressive tub!

Each room is equipped with a coffee maker (although why not take full advantage of the delicious coffee steps away in any direction? This is Seattle!). The modern slate blue and rust room décor goes the extra mile with beds bejeweled in Thai linens and down pillows. In addition, most lights are dimmable. Finally!

The rooms and suites feel like downtown apartments. Although the design elements are consistent throughout the hotel, the ambiance in each room is personal. I could easily imagine coming home to a suite like the ones in this hotel after a day spent at the famous Public Market.

BEYOND THE ROOMS

I am not a golfer, but I know fun when I see it. Downstairs from the lobby is The Golf Club, a “state-of-the-art virtual golf” room with two stations. The golfer stands on turf and lets the ball fly onto a floor-to-ceiling fabric screen that mimics a course. Depending on how the ball hits the screen, the score is tallied. I can honestly say it is the best game of golf I’ve ever played.

DINING

My husband and I dined in Boka, Hotel 1000’s in-house restaurant, for breakfast the morning after we checked-in. Our server brought us a complimentary basket of pastries that made waiting for the food a pleasure. There are two entrances to Boka, one from the hotel’s lobby and one from the street.

MY RECOMMENDATION

Book your room! Hotel 1000 is a great find. The boutique look and residential feel as well as the unique amenities put it on my top of Seattle list.

My husband and I have a YouTube channel where we showcase our luxury hotel video reviews. Visit TravelbyLori.com to see them. Search "Lori Metze" at Examiner.com to see my other written hotel reviews.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lori M
Denny F, General Manager at Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2012

Dear Lori,

I want to thank you for your detailed overview regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I actually went on your website as you suggest on your review. I am quite impressed with your passion for luxury travel. I hope that a video will appear in the near future regarding Hotel 1000.
If you plan on returning to the Seattle area- i would very much like to meet with you.

Best regards,

Reviewed 1 March 2012

So far this was the best hotel experience I've had in the world. From the check in to the late check out, Hotel 1000 definitely deserved the 5 stars. My wife and I stayed here after booking their Case of the Mondays package. We got an upgrade, free in room movie, unlimited valet, and breakfast at BOKA Lounge. The hotel staff were really friendly and helpful. I felt as if I was in a really posh hotel from the attentiveness. They even left a card with a plate of fruit, congratulating us on our babymoon. I guess its since they saw that my wife was about to pop our little one out any day now. Out of all the amenities my wife loved the bathtub more than anything. The rooms reminded me of Hotel Unique in Sao Paulo but a lot better. Good location and within walking distance to Pikes Place Market. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Denny F, General Manager at Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2012

Dear Babymoon,

What a wonderful review and am delighted that you said it is "the best hotel experience in the world." Those are very tall words to live up to- delighted that we did. My staff and I would love the opportunity to help provide another "memorable experience. "
Please contact me at : denny.fitzpatrick@hotel1000seattle.com so we can help make your arrangements and make it another " best hotel expereince in the world"

Reviewed 25 February 2012

The hotel was well appointed, very clean, with great service. Definitely would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Salil S
Denny F, General Manager at Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2012

Dear Salil,

Thank you very much for your review regarding your stay with us in April 2011.
I see that you are from California and hope that you will stay with us again when your travel plans bring you to Seattle.

Best regards,

Reviewed 24 February 2012

This is an amazing hotel! We often stay at their sister hotel Willows Lodge and loved the people there. The manager told us about Hotel 1000- and we loved it! Yes you may spend more, but it is so worth it. The staff treats you like royaty and they are all so genuine. This is so worth it!

Room Tip: All of their room styles are great!
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Our room was amazing, but beyond that one point there really were a 1000, the service was great, from the front desk being there for late checkin, to the quick service or the bell hop going out of his way for a power cord for our cell phone, this place had it all. The food for room service breakfast was early and every bit as great as the restaurant, (which you should try the truffle fries). The event planner for the hotel was great, she knew exactly what we wanted only after a single conversation and had everything perfect. We will be back every year for our anniversary, as well as any other event.

J. Calalang

Room Tip: The spa bathtub was worth it, fitting two people with ease, it even had a dry feature!
1  Thank JCalalang