See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 30, 2018

We went here for 4 nights and it was a nice break having moved out of Perpignan where we had been for 3 nights. Overall the hotel and food although basic was very clean and the hosts were welcoming. The main problem for us was that the weather was particularly windy and we were unable to get on to the beach. As we had travelled by train we were unable to go too far as the buses were very infrequent and the timetable needed a check every day. So a car is quite important here unless you can get on the beach then it looks ideal especially for kids.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view on the first floor.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2017

Le Barcares seemed to be closed down in September. By chance I found this hotel right on the beach. Laying at a square with a lot of restaurants and shops. The owner was very helpful to get my motorcycle securely parked in their private alley.
The room was nice, clean and had all that I wanted for an overnight stay.

Room Tip: As I was in September I can't judge if the hotel is quiet or not. Le Barcares was deserted when I was there.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank PeterTrouwen
Reviewed August 29, 2017

Our third visit to this delightful little hotel right by the golden beach at Le Barcares. Kind and helpful management and spotlessly clean. We were there for the annual bodega which was very noisy - drumming and rock until 2am - but obviously this is not the hotel's fault. We love it and will return!

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are naturally cooler and a bit quieter too.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2016

My husband and I have stayed here twice and had a really great experience each time. I t is spotlessly clean and the management are really helpful and friendly. The decor is a little dated (not many coloured bathroom suites these days!) but the hotel has an art nouveau feel to it which is most attractive. We found breakfast a little dear but the hotel is brilliantly situated right by the main square with activities every evening. We asked for rooms at the back which were very quiet - everything goes quiet about 11pm which is good - though they arrive to set up the extensive markets pretty early. A lovely place to stay with miles of clean, easy access beach 50 yeards away. We had planned an even longer stay this year until illness prevented it. Very sad ...

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back - a bit cooler and quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 10, 2016 via mobile

Arrived on a cold grey afternoon. Our room looked out over the open square and small play area and we could also see the sea! The room was clean as was the shower room with good wi-fi connection. There was plenty of parking space by the sea but if you come on a Saturday, you have to park to one side of the tourist office as on the Sunday morning we woke up to a beautiful sunny day with a huge market!! The breakfast was just ok but the great location made up for it.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple