“I wish that it was my home...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Anchorage
City Garden Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #10 of 127 Anchorage B&B and Inns
Alingsas, Sweden
“I wish that it was my home...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2011

At first I came to this beautiful B&B to stay here for five nights in July. The B&B is really close downtown, it takes about 5 min to walk over there. The house/rooms are very nice and has a nice interior design. It is also a peaceful and quiet place to stay. Can’t forget to mention that the rooms are clean.
Vic did an excellent breakfast! They are very service minded and they gave me advice what I can see/do in Anchorage.
I really enjoyed to stay here, they made me feel really comfortable!
The best thing about this B&B is that I was lucky to get there even a second time in August (after doing a trek in Alaska). I really appreciate that Vic & Jerry are conscious about that there guests are having a good time.
The thing that I liked least was to leave Vic, Jerry and Alaska. My experience of this B&B is that if I will go back to Anchorage, I will go there!

Room Tip: From one of the rooms you can see the sea and the sunset. In another room you have a private bath.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Marianne N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Madrid
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2011

We were in the CG for 3 nights during our trip to AK in August. We split our stay in two as we were two days at the beginning of our trip and the last one before taking our flight back to Seattle.
As we get there the last day it was liked arriving home again!

Victor made our stay really nice. We really enjoyed his homemade breakfast and chatting! He is a nice host!

The place has only three rooms, the big one with its own bathroom and the other two sharing. Being only two rooms sharing was not a problem at all. The bathroom was very spacious and clean, as well as the rest of the house and bedrooms.

We where in the smalller one facing the street which was still very spacious. The bed was really confortable and the deco was nice, modern and functional.

We saw the McKinley from our room during our last day!!!!! awesome!

The house is in the "strip park" on the 10th which is a short walk to the middle of everything.
You can leave your car in the street just in front of the house. Actually the place is really peaceful and quiet. There are also other b&b around and the whole area is like a small residential area in the downtown.

We really enjoyed our stay and would say this is the place to be in Anchorage!

ps. also the smoked salmon we bought at a local store near the house was really good! thank you for the advise Vic!!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank redivan666
Onekama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2011

My friend had read about this place in a tour guide and we were very pleased with everything about our stay. The bed was super comfy, the room airy and clean, and the breakfast delicious. Vic, our host, is a very well traveled person and could also direct us to things to see and places to eat in the Anchorage area. He was very kind and went above and beyond (he took us to the train station and airport) to make our two stays there go smoothly.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank ldkmom
Morristown
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2011

Located in downtown Anchorage, near shoreline, and near a park. The breakfast was good, the host was very accommodating and shared his knowledge of Anchorage and Alaska with us. He made excellent recommendations for where to eat and what to see. The rooms were clean, spacious and lovely.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Genoa, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2011

Excellent room (clean and quite) and bathroom.
The owner of the b&b is a great person, very nice and friendly.
He is able to suggest great restaurant and place to visit.
We really suggest to stay in this b&b in Anchorage!!!
From Italy.
Eleonora e Federico

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Grants Pass
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2010

Excellent accomodation. Very private, and the breakfast was to die for. We loved the bees in the garden. Uncluttered, clean, artful decor. If we are ever in Anchorage again, we will book our nights here.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2010

Victor and Jerry, thanks for my stay first of all. These two incredible
guys are some of the most giving, interesting and helpful people I´v meet
on my now, 5 month old worldtrip. I would recommend this B&B to everybody, that
is going to Anchorage.
The interior is done in a very sophisticated mannor and the decoration
and art objects makes this B&B unique. There are lots of beautiful flowers
and plants (hence the name).
Both Jerry and Vic knows a lot about Anchorage and Alaska and have several
suggestions to attractions and restaurants.

Great breakfast, great beds and great people. What els could you ask for!

If you go to this place, I personal garentie that you wouldent be disapointed.

-Theis Gjørup