“Convenient, friendly, comfortable”

Ranked #13 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
Princeton, NJ
“Convenient, friendly, comfortable”
Reviewed 25 March 2012

This Hilton in Anchorage is maybe not the ritziest available but it is extremely comfortable, and with a very friendly desk staff - hard-working, too - all hours of the day or night, we were greeted with smiles, and answers to all our questions. The men at the door also always had friendly greetings. There is have a good breakfast buffet. Maybe not the absolute best part of town - I don't know what is - but just fine, easy walk to restaurants and shops and always taxis waiting. Rooms big and clean. We were there in March, really wintertime, so I don't know what it's like in the summer.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank CarolPrinceton_NJ

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Sorry this is such a delayed reply, haven't had much time to write these. To start, I was in Alaska for no real reason except to visit friends and get away. I started my trip by staying at the Sheraton in Anchorage, being that I work for a Starwood Hotel (Element by Westin)I decided to venture out of the Starwood brand and try some of the others throughout the city. The Hilton was my first choice. I had been to Anchorage a few other times but never stayed there, though the size compared to everything else in the area always made me want to see the inside.

It was new years eve and there were TONS of people all over the place. Valet quickly came up and parked my car and helped with luggage(not needed but Appreciated) Check in went very quickly, I cannot remember the woman who checked me in but she was younger and very pleasant, helpful, and funny.

The ONLY reason I put 4 instead of 5 under service was due to only one elevator for my tower was working. Not a big deal, but the wait sometimes was very very long. I took the stairs a few times but I needed the exercise anyways, felt good. The rooms were great, quiet for being new years too. Close to the concert we went to so I could walk(-5ºF) but that's Alaska.

Breakfast was spectacular, the chef made me some pancakes and was so upbeat and friendly!

I will most likely be back again a few times this year for various reasons and I will be sure to come back!!

Room Tip: Enjoy yourself
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Brandon H
Gig Harbor, Washington
Reviewed 11 March 2012

I had to stay in the hotel for several weeks on business. The rooms have an old feel to them. My room was on the 7th floor, and when the wind blew it was very loud around the windows. I experienced several customer service issues with the hotel and staff.

Four times I received packages at the hotel. Two times the packages were left in my room. Twice I received a call that I had a package downstairs. When aslking for the package I was told I had to pay a $7 handling fee. For $7 they didn't deliver the package to my room - I had to go down to the lobby to get my package and pay for the priviledge!

WiFi in the room is not free, and business center internet connection is charged by the minute.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Jeff P

Travellers are raving about these Anchorage hotels

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Location and views around this hotel are awesome. Lobby and facilities are also great. Room was dirty, shabby and the bathroom was a litany of blocked pipes and backflows. Found a dirty comb by my bed. Also, the windows were covered with greasy face prints from previous customers who looked a bit too close to to the glass for the view.

• Stayed March 2012
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 1 March 2012

I attended a conference here and only interacted with 2 or 3 staff members, the bellman. They were very friendly, courteous and helped me find my conference room. When I returned from lunch with my hands full, a bellman who I could not even see, saw me and opened both doors for me.
Despite the rumors that this is an old out-dated hotel, the facility seems very up-to-date and modern.
I was looking for a place to have a weekend getaway and will definitely book with this property to get a better taste of the staff and rooms.

2 Thank Jennifer L
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I stayed 2 nights on arrival in Alaska and 1 night a few days later just before my departure. The hotel interior is well-appointed, sufficiently staffed and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The restaurant provided good fare, including local delicacies. The bar was typically American (no atmosphere) but certainly no worse that most US hotel bars. A good gym is provided with a small swimming pool - this was in use by several minors at the time despite hotel rules to the contrary (no supervision present). The rooms were very comfortable and well furnished. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: I stayed in the East Tower (high rise to 22 floors). Unfortunately there was a train line not far aw...
ak
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Every year we stay at the Hilton and one thing is consistent: their staff is always so polite. But everything else costs a lot of money: Valet service @24$ a day- a necessity when you're here during any busy week like the Fur Rondy or Iditarod ceremonial start; food - overpriced. You're better off walking to the restaurants around the area and finding a place to eat.

Rooms on the west wing seem smaller and darker. The sun never shines on this side of the building. Our room overlooked the Chilkat range and Cook Inlet; one tiny window provides ample view but CAUTION: if you have little kids, do not let them play with the window latch. It opens the window wide enough for a toddler to fall out. As long as our windows were closed, the sounds from the patrons going in and out of the bar directly below us called the Woodshed was tolerable. The occasional shouting, cursing, shrilly drunken laughter pierces through but otherwise, it's all part of the amusement of staying on that side of the Hilton.

Beds are comfortable and clean, everything else was old and dreary: the ripped fabric chair, tired looking carpets and curtains.

The area is relatively safe during the daytime but I would discourage walking around at night unless you're planning to visit any of the bars close by.

Room Tip: corner rooms on the other wing (east wing?) provide lots of light and sunshine and almost 180 degree...