“Value Dining, Good Dining, Good Service”
Review of Pho Lena

Pho Lena
Ranked #55 of 931 Restaurants in Anchorage
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Thai, Vietnamese
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Pho Lena used to be a petite place with a broken Arctic entry near Benson. They have now occupied a larger building on Spenard near 36th and are doing great business while maintaining their affordable prices, rapid and competent service, and varied cuisine. They are even open Sunday afternoons. On rice dishes they offer a choice between jasmine, brown, and sticky. Each table is provided with spices and adders.
I have yet to be disappointed with anything. Thai ice teas are excellent. Staff is efficient and the good food is swiftly delivered.

Reviewed March 4, 2018

If you’re looking for a little something of everything in Southeast Asia I would recommend Pho Lena. It was very busy but they got me a table quickly and my food came out promptly. I tried the Pho Lena appetizer plate an it was excellent. My waitress made excellent suggestions and I was very happy with the result. Parking is a slight drawback but it’s worth it.

Reviewed February 11, 2018

Went for lunch, full house, and again, receives top marks. I happen to be at the Northway mall out by Merrill Field and went to their other restaurant at the mall. Man, if I thought the Spenard location was good, the mall is even better, plus not jam backed. I do not find myself on that side of town often, but if I do in the future, I will be sure to do lunch again, simply tasty and hot and fresh.

Reviewed January 27, 2018

First time here and it filled the spot for what we were craving, pho. The menu is huge and I was pleasantly surprised to see some khao piek sen and khao bun! It has Lao, Thai, And Vietnamese foods. Decor seems to be your standard Asian fare, but who cares if the food is yummy. I wanted to try everything on the menu, but didn't have enough room in the tummy. Prices weren't too bad for what I've seen in the state. The place was full during lunch time, but that didn't hinder the speed of service.

Reviewed January 21, 2018

This is a great place for lunch or dinner. They have hundreds of menu items, and I have tried to make my through the list. I've never been disappointed, and most of the time have to request a to-go box for leftovers. I bring out-of-town guests here and they are amazed at how delicious everything is.