We stayed in Qupqugiaq Inn, while visiting Alaska because of Lonely Planets choice. It was great! We had a room with a private bathroom, and was able to keep a close eye on our vehicle. I really love the craftsmanship and customer service that was given. Our room was clean, and they offered my wife an extra blanket because she gets cold easy. Most hotels I stay at don't allow the extra linen and I did appreciate that. We didn't care for the Mexican restaurant , but we liked Simon and Seafort downtown. There is a nice trail close to the public library that we went to one afternoon and took some great pictures of the mountains. I had read the reviews that were so bad , and think that the people who wrote them must have expected a 5 star hotel. It is a very earthy, clean and humanitarian privately owned hotel, not a corporate monster hotel,. By the way, the wi-fi worked great outside.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A great lodging choice while in Anchorage, Qupqugiaq Inn has twenty-five rooms. The architecture is remarkable, full of flowing curves, organic materials, and a high level of craftsmanship. We hope that this artistry expresses a spirit of care that you will enjoy during your stay with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca and Cancelon so you can book your Qupqugiaq Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Qupqugiaq Hotel Anchorage
- Qupqugiaq Inn Anchorage, Alaska