“fun lobby, nice breakfast”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage
Ranked #4 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
Issaquah, Washington
“fun lobby, nice breakfast”
Reviewed 25 March 2012

I stayed in a 2-bedroom suite for a ski trip to Alyeska over President's Day weekend. It's rated here as one of the top hotels in Anchorage, and certainly met our needs but it wouldn't fare well against the competition in the lower 48. My main complaint is that the decor and fixtures in the rooms were a little old. I assume Anchorage is just a difficult place to make a lot of money on guest lodging.

Unlike the rooms the lobby was pretty nice. There are a pair of stuffed bears and a moose head, as well as some landscape photographs and native american whaling tools. There was also a cozy fireplace and some couches.

We didn't use the pool or hot tub but they were available and not crowded.

The breakfast was pretty good and there was plenty of seating. It was a nice way to start the day.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jason R
Barbara K, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, 27 March 2012
Thank you for staying with us and I am truly happy you had a great expereince. It is our goal to treat every guest as this is there home away from home. I hope you come back and visit us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Kenai, Alaska
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Staid in quite a few hotels in Alaska and unlike many this one did not disappoint! The customer service was excellent, the suite spacious, the breakfast delicious, and the hot tub was the fanciest I've seen yet! The price was a bit steep and they didn't have a residential rate or slope rate, which is always a plus for those of us that weather this state year round, but you certainly do get more amenities out of it then any other place we have staid yet. They have a home coming dinner available monday through thursday, which is the first I have seen and a really cool idea, but it went from 5-7 and my husbands plane doesnt usually come in until 7:15, so that was a little disappointing. It would have been nice to have the pool/hot tub available a little later than 10, and the pool was quite chilly, but overall, I would definitely recommend this as a place to stay if you like a more lavish lodging experience! It was also VERY family friendly. Will most likely stay here again sometime!

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank fallenangel2442
Woodbury, Minnesota
Reviewed 20 January 2012

Great hotel, friendly staff in loby, and very accommodating. Considering another week this year...are your renovations to the rooms? Newly renovated rooms would seal the deal. With dietary issues, the kitchen staff were very helpful, making eggs without the extras for us. Very impressed with that.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Wmjson
Barbara K, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, 31 January 2012
Thank you for staying with us. Our hotel is going through a full renovation of all rooms and public space. We are slated to be finished on the end on March. We hope to see you again
Alaska
Reviewed 18 January 2012

My daughter, three grandkids and I spent four nights at Homewood Suites. We had a two queen beds with a sofa bed suite. It was perfect for us, everyone had a comfortable bed and two t.v.s were great, the kids could watch what they wanted in the other room. We were on the fouth floor in the corner, very quiet. The kitchen was handy. The complimentary breakfast was the best I've had at a hotel and we were surprised there was also supper Monday through Thursday nights, that was also very good. The kids liked the pool and they have a nice big whirlpool. The only complaint I have is the carpet in the room had a couple of big spots and holes near the bathroom, the windowsills were dirty and the counter in the kitchen was not clean. All in all a great deal for the price (winter rates are reasonable).

Room Tip: Our fourth floor room on the back corner was very quiet and had a good view.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank HappyGrandmaAlaska
Threerivers
Reviewed 7 October 2011

What I like is about this place is the location, It is very convenient located near the airport and easy to get to. Plus nice restaurants across the street.

A good size for 2 people, we had a kitchen with a stove and a micro wave, plus a full size refrigator, which was very nice. It's was a good place to stay on our last night in Alaska.
It's not a fancy hotel but it more than served it purpose.

What I didn't like about it was the bathroom it had a funky odor, we should have called the front desk but we were too tired to deal with it, I am sure it would have been taken care of if we had.
All in all we would stay there again because of the convenience,

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank riverwolf
hsanchoragegm, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, 22 November 2011
Thank you for taking the time to respond to Trip Advisor about your stay! I am sorry that there was a funky odor, and I will look up your record and have that checked out! I am happy that you enjoyed the kitchen, and we look forward to having you stay with us the next time you travel to Anchorage!

Happy Thanksgiving!
clark summit, pa
Reviewed 6 October 2011

We were travelling in Alaska during late August/ early September. On of our reservations fell through and I called hhonors to book a room for 2 nights with points. I wanted Hilton Garden Inn but the operator at Hilton honors persuaded me to get a king bed suite in Homewood suites. We were a party of three, the room was exceedingly small, when we opened the sofabed in the living room, our luggage had to be moved to the kitchen. Bathrroom vanity was outside, no privacy for anyone. Breakfast was bad, I heard that the evening meal was better. But when we travel we expect a reasonable breakfast, in the evening we eat out. The room was only good for one person and I wasted my points there. All in all, i wouldn't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank sara95
Hello. I am so sorry that you were not happy with your stay in our hotel. We are an all suite hotel, and sometimes, that is not what people want when they reserve their rooms. We are a Hilton hotel, but not the standard room layout. I hope that the next time you travel to the Anchorage area you will give us the opportunity to serve you again, and hopefully, to change your mind about our Homewood Suites by Hilton.

Truly yours,
Blackfoot, Idaho, United States
Reviewed 4 October 2011

I work in Alaska about three times a year and when I'm in Anchorage I always stay at The Homewood Suites. I stay at hotels a lot for my work and I haven't stayed at a better hotel. They go out of their way to make sure your stay is excellent! Jaeline is one of the guest clerks up front and she is super nice. I rent a car when I'm up there but they do have a shuttle to take you most any where.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Melanie N
Dear Homewood Guest,
thank you for taking the time to respond to your stay via Trip Advisor! I appreciate the great comments that you have for our hotel! I will pass on to Jaeline your comments! I agree she is a jewel! We are always happy to have you with us! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Happy Thanksgiving