“Very poignant, memorial, and creative memorial”

Alaska Veterans Memorial
Ranked #73 of 229 things to do in Anchorage
Reviewed 10 June 2017

5 minutes from downtown is a very powerful and poignant monument to Alaska War Veterans. I was deeply moved by the stone bugle and the lovely brief poem honoring all those who have served. It reads in part, "My stone is red for the blood they shed....If I could be seen by all mankind, perhaps peace will come in my lifetime.

Reviewed 24 May 2017

A beautiful location, serene and peaceful, evokes a sense of great respect and appreciation for all those who have served their country. Take time out to pay your respects and breath in the beautiful clean mountain air.

Reviewed 16 November 2016

Beautiful monument looking out on Alaska Range. Great hikes into Byers Lake area, bathroom stop and camping area!

Reviewed 1 November 2016

Pylons dedicated to service men/women of all military branches. Very impressive and educational. Small gift shop and very clean restrooms... It's a long way from the last ones and until the next ones! Stop!

See more reviews
Reviewed 31 August 2016

Stand tall Soldier / Sailor / Marine / Airman / Coast Guardsman / Merchant Mariner.. Visit and Salute each monument individually.

Sirs! Ladies and Gentlemen! Officers and Men! Alive and Deceased! I Salute You proudly and I Thank You So Very Much for your service!

Since July of 1992 my first ever visit, I have visited this OUTSTANDING MEMORIAL to our Veterans countless times. My Father USCG, My older Son USA, My Younger Son USAF, Myself USMC and USN. Do not MISS this experience.

3  Thank kanbaatar