“good food good prices”

Price range: US$17 - US$17
Good for: Child-friendly
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed March 26, 2016

My husband and I hit the Lone Star about twice a month. The food is good and the drinks are cheap. Kelsey, the bar tender is friendly. It's one of those places to go that is just easy.

Reviewed March 23, 2016 via mobile

Slow service, empty environment. The food could have been better for the prices. The employees don't seem to care. Steak is over seasoned and not worth the price.

Reviewed February 16, 2016

I should have known better a restaurant on a Saturday night in Anchorage with empty tables and no waiting. My wife’s steak was not as she ordered and it took them 30 minutes to replace it. Her fancy rum drink would have been better with the rum in it. My steak was at the most fair but not what I would expect from a steak house. I am not going to spend a lot of time on this review because the service and food sucked.

Reviewed December 10, 2015 via mobile

Wear a coat, year round, when visiting Lonestar. They keep the interior temp to cold. Food is good and wait staff are usually excellent. Price is average and not over the top. Located central Anchorage it is close to hotels and businesses.

Reviewed October 4, 2015

Despite being a Friday night, this place was fairly empty, which is partly why we went. The inside of the restaurant is about as plain as can be, and seems to being on the downhill slope of a long run in Anchorage. After initially being prompt to the point of annoying, or server basically disappeared once she took our order. I ended up having to refill my water glass from our girls' kid's cups. There were six of us, and when the food arrived, my order was missing. I had ordered the pork chop, which you would assume takes the least time to cook. The server assured me "it would be out shortly." After waiting until everyone else at the table had finished (the server never returned), I finally flagged down someone who looked like the manager, and politely asked her to check on my food. At that point, our server magically appeared with my meal (20 minutes after everyone else got their food). We needed to leave by then, so I had to get my meal to go. The manager apologized and comped my meal. With all this being said, the jalapeno pork chop I ordered was cooked perfectly, and had great taste. I just wish I could have enjoyed it with my family! We'll go back if we need to go someplace that isn't busy on a traditionally busy night, but otherwise, we'll go elsewhere.