Big Bear Bed & Breakfast
Lakeshore Inn & Suites(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$115
Comfort Inn Ship Creek(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
US$191
US$179
US$189
US$177
Orbitz.com
Best Western Golden Lion Hotel(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
US$189
US$139
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed May 31, 2011

I stayed one night at Big Bear and found the owner (Carol Ross) to be very friendly, helpful and an excellent cook and the accommodations to be commendable. Carol made me feel welcome and served an excellent breakfast (waffles with several choices of berry toppings fresh from her garden, reindeer sausages, potatoes, etc). There's free wifi and the room was comfortable. The bathroom in the room I stayed in was small (built into a closet), but it was fine for one night. The only downside is the distance from downtown. But if you have a car it's not more than a 10 minute drive.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed May 31, 2011

This is a very nice B&B. We stayed in the Denali room. It is extremely clean. Removal of shoes before entering helps to keep the place clean so I thought it was worth the effort. The garden in back was sweet. The breakfast was truly delicious. There are a lot of knickknacks so I wouldn't recommend small children. Also, a lot of furs which animal rights activists may find offensive. The owners are friendly and helpful. My only disappointment was that the Internet was not working, which reflects in my value score. I would definitely recommend staying here, especially because of the cleanliness and knowledgeable hosts.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed September 17, 2010

Carol made us very welcome and was a great help with maps etc. The breakfast was excellant - lots of choice and interesting.

The rooms were nice but I was surprised to find that the en suite was built into the closet so you had no privacy and no room to move. I think it was about 30 inches square, you had to beware when stepping from the shower into the bedroom that you did not knock yourself on the bed. It is a long way from Downtown and you would need a car.

It had hot drinks available 24 hours and free WiFi.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2010

Carol (Ross) owner has B&B service down to a science. My daughter and I are here for our second visit and could not be more pleased. You will not find a cleaner establishment anywhere nor a better breakfast.. Once again Carol outdid herself with quiche's, hash browns, reindeer sausage, hot muffins and a delicious fruit compote. Not only is she an accomplished chef but a MAster Gardner as well so don't miss her beautiful gardens and fish pond. We stayed in the room with 2 comfortable twin beds and actually a 3 piece bath...one room with commode and sink, another with a large sink and vanity mirror and the third with a tub/shower and commode. Ample towels, shampoo, cute little soaps of bear paws, and lotions. There is also a nice lounge area with stocked refrig, coffee, teas, hot chocolate, brochures, etc. The only drawback is: we were a little concerned about the neighborhood our first visit but should not have been worried, there were a couple of neighbors dogs who decided to have a fight, When we arrived we were a little daunted b the climb up to the 2nd floor as we had a total of 6 pieces of luggage...coming from Florida, to Dallas to Alaska our clothes were varied. I would stay here again in a heartbeat and visit with Carol as much as possible.

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed September 21, 2009

When we booked our trip, the inkeeper (Carol Ross) told us about the Alaska State Fair in nearby Palmer, something we would have missed on our own, and it was a great experience! Throughout our stay, her knowledge and information helpd make this trip very special!

The B&B is beautiful, with a large garden (where she grows some of the food that she serves), well appointed rooms with antiques galore and a very hospitable atmosphere!

The breakfasts are wonderful. Carol's sourdough waffles are superb and she tells the story of where she got her starters, which is fun and interseting. Her salmon quiche is to die for! All of the food was great!

In about 18 years of staying at B&B's in the U.S. and U.K., this is the best experience we have had. Thanks to Carol and her staff for a wonderful vacation!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple