New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Ramada Anchorage

Ramada Anchorage
Ranked #42 of 72 Hotels in Anchorage
Brisbane, Australia
“Wasnt too bad for one night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2011

The airport shuttle driver a 'Scotsman' was very helpful and informative; the staff were all good. The room was ok, nothing flash but somewhere comfy to sleep. I think I would come back

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2011

I stayed at Ramada in Downtown Anchorage as HOJO downtown was closed or booked. Stay was only for 8 hours but staff was friendly and room was clean and bed satisfactory. Had free breakfast but suggest they get rid of gravy with sausage and put in scrambled eggs with reindeer sausage. Location was perfect. Price was very reasonable. Shuttle got me at 1 a.m. Will stay here in future.

Room Tip: get room on third floor.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Michael S
Sitka
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2011

When we arrived at the airport, we contacted Ramada to request their shuttle service. We were told to wait outside and they would be right there. We waited about 40 minutes before I decided to call again. This time I was told the shuttle was not in service. I asked how we were supposed to get to the hotel. I was told to take a taxi and Ramada would reimburse us. When we arrived, I told the clerk that it would have been nice to be told from the beginning that the shuttle was not in service. I said when I called nobody said anything about it not working. His reply was that I did not call! I said yes I did. And he said no you didn't. ( I am not kidding!) So I asked how we got reimbursed for the taxi. He looks out and said oh you took a yellow taxi, I told you to take the orange one! I said I don't care what color it is I want reimbursed. He just shakes his head and said I told you the orange one. I just stood there and waited and finally he grabs some money and handed it to me!! He should not be working in customer service and the first thing out of his mouth should have been I'm sorry about the mix-up!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Barbara W

Travellers are raving about these Anchorage hotels

Fairbanks, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2011

I live in Fairbanks and decided to treat myself to a birthday weekend in Anchorage for shopping. I booked Ramada because of the amenities, (shuttle service, continental breakfast, close to downtown). When I called for shuttle, was advised shuttle not available at this time, to catch a cab and they would pay for it, which they did, no questions asked. I arrived and was met by Angela, who made my whole trip. She was very friendly and when she found out it was my birthday, she upgraded my room. I had a view of the inlet, which was beautiful at night. I am planning another trip in November and will definitely be staying at the Ramada. Perfect location to downtown, continental breakfast was awesome, hotel staff was very professional, friendly and accomodating. I will be staying at the Ramada whenever I go to Anchorage. Thank you, Angela.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Sydney
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2011

We stayed at the Ramada for 2 nights. Our check in, after being met at the airport by a nice chatty shuttle driver was amazingly poor. The girl at the desk obviously didnt want to be there, told us nothing about inclusions (internet, breakfast etc). We booked because of the location & price & the comfort of knowing what you get with the larger chain hotels but Im sure management have no idea about this girl at the front desk because her attitude was just plain rude. We only saw her that once so maybe she is kept away from the public for obvious reasons but I will never stay in a Ramada hotel again

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank parkoSydney
RamadaAnchorageGM, General Manager at Ramada Anchorage, responded to this review, 20 October 2011
Dear ParkoSydney,

You are correct that I didn't know you had this very poor experience with one of my front desk staff. I sincerely apologize for her unprofessional behavior which was completely unacceptable. One rude worker will give the property, staff and the Ramada flag a bad name. Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts and I hope you will give the Ramada Hotels a second chance because I know that most of the Ramada Hotel's staff are good workers.

Susan
Whistler, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2011

I would stay here again. We stayed here for one night on each end of my trip.

The location was great close enough to walk everywhere. The staff at the front desk give us information on places to eat and gave us free toothbrushes when we forgot our own. The staff were actually pretty great :)

They picked us up and dropped off at the airport for free. Breakfast was included and decent enough to start the day. The hotel had free wireless (which sometimes worked sometimes didnt) Our room was decent enough. One room we were in had a semi bath the other didnt. Comfortable enough and suited our needs.

Overall I was pretty happy with my stay!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2011

The Ramada Downtown Anchorage is a great budget hotel. The rooms look like they were decorated in the 80's complete with brown vinyl curtains and your standard motel furnishings. Everything in the room was working and fairly clean. Room had a microwave, mini refrigerator ,Cable TV, outdoor terrace,AC, room safe & free Wi-Fi .Bathroom was standard and generic. A few spots in the room were beginning to age and were worn out. If you want a perfect room the Hilton is up the block. Free Breakfast ,Airport shuttle and downtown location get a A+
My only complaint is that the room got really cold at night. Ramada would not provide heat. I was offered a space heater and told the boiler was off till Oct. The last night I was there the heat did come on. Maybe other customers complained.
I would absolutely stay here again as long as it was not cold out

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo