you get what you pay for.
the lobby is nice, the reception staff were fine - not overly friendly, not completely uninterested, the pool is small if you are looking to swim laps at all, the rooms were fine - sheets & towels seemed clean...HOWEVER....the bathrooms seem to trip them up...my father's room had NO shower curtain (they installed one the next day after he alerted the staff), and my bathroom smelled very, very mildewy. also, there was mold growing in the bathroom & the shower curtain was so stinky that im surprised that my allergies didnt go bonkers. other than that, its a fine location, the breakfast is nothing spectacular but fine (cereal, toast, dry biscuits & suspicious "gravy", make-your-own waffles, etc.), & its just about what you would expect a comfort inn to be. one more thing - if you are a light sleeper, you may want to pack earplugs because the walls are very thin.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort Inn Ship Creek, an Anchorage hotel near Alaska RailroadIdeally located on the banks of Ship Creek, the Comfort Inn® Ship Creek is within walking distance of lovely downtown Anchorage. Attractions that are just minutes away include the Alaska Railroad and the Alaska Center for the Performing Arts.The hotel sits along the Tony Knowles Coastal Trail, which offers spectacular views of Cook Inlet. The Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport is only seven miles away. The hotel offers free shuttle service to and from the airport, the Alaska Railroad and select locations within the downtown area. The shuttle runs 24-hours in the summer and limited hours in the winter.The Anchorage Museum at Rasmuson Center, the Alaska Museum of Natural History and the Egan Center civic and convention facility are also close by. The downtown area is full of wonderful shopping spots, numerous restaurants and local brewpubs.If the purpose of the trip is to fish, visitors can step outside the hotel's back door to fish for salmon. Guests are welcome to use the free fishing gear supplied by the hotel.Your Morning Breakfast is full of hot and delicious items, making breakfast at the Comfort Inn Ship Creek the perfect way to start your day. Enjoy our free hot breakfast featuring eggs, meat, yogurt and fresh fruit, cereal and more, including your choice of hot waffle flavors!There is 24-hour coffee service available in the dining area as well. Be sure to pick up a free weekday newspaper to read while eating breakfast.This Anchorage, AK hotel also features an indoor heated pool and an exercise room.Business travelers are welcome to take advantage of the on-site business center and access to copy and fax machines.All standard guest rooms come with many amenities, including in-room movies, games and coffee makers. Irons and ironing boards are available if needed. Some rooms feature whirlpool bathtubs, kitchenettes and wet bars.This Anchorage, AK hotel welcomes pets; nightly charges may apply. Laundry facilities and a newsstand are located on the premises for guest convenience. Valet cleaning service is also provided.The beautiful Comfort Inn Ship Creek is the perfect place to stay for both business and leisure travelers. We promise to help make your visit to Anchorage memorable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Comfort Inn Ship Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Ship Creek Hotel Anchorage
- Comfort Inn Anchorage
- Anchorage Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Ship Creek Anchorage, Alaska