“Friendly Staff, Spacious Shop”
Review of Himalayan Java

Himalayan Java
Ranked #213 of 1,523 Restaurants in Omaha
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Description: Sagar is most passionate about people. He and his team are dedicated to the sense of community they're establishing and wanting to grow.
Reviewed June 17, 2018 via mobile

I have been here a couple times now. The place has a great staff & wide selection of coffees & snacks. The shop itself is quite large and has ample seating. Lots of board games, tables & space for books, laptops etc. On any trip in you can observe numerous college kids sipping coffee & doing homework etc. I personally enjoyed the view out front and the people watching from it. Downtown Omaha has no shortage of interesting personalities on display. I would definitely recommend this coffee shop if you're in the area. My only complaint would be the back in, parking out front. It's caused me to skip this place and go to another nearby coffee shop on more then one occasion.

1  Thank rbrtvndrvn

Reviewed June 16, 2018 via mobile

Local coffee house ideal for coffee breakfast or after work calm down . The ambience is calm relaxing decor is great. The snacks seem local made and there is a great choice of coffees.

1  Thank jrY5735QA
Reviewed June 12, 2018

I went here to avoid the Starbucks. Not that I had a bad experience in Starbucks but due to a desire to support local. This place has a cool feel to it and does really good coffee without being up itself in doing so. I was looking for what, in the rest of the word, is called a "flat white" - essentially a latte with half the milk. They made me a great one despite it not being on the menu. There are wooden puzzles on the tables with no instructions, so you have no idea what you are supposed to do but therefore are free to do whatever you want to. Fun.

I am sorry to reduce the average score, but I VERY rarely give 5 stars. Because I am a Brit.

1  Thank Dan W
Reviewed May 24, 2018

We arrived in Omaha and got settled into our hotel. Husband was craving some coffee so we stopped into Himalayan Java. The atmosphere was really cool and seemed like a nice local spot. The staff was friendly and helpful. My husband ordered an iced caramel macchiato. He really enjoyed it - it was his favorite coffee spot during our vacation. Thank you!

1  Thank DougAmyA
Reviewed May 16, 2018 via mobile

Stopped in for the first time to grab a cup of coffee. The store is nicely decorated and has seating both inside and out. Along with java selections they have a limited menu featuring salads, wraps, sandwiches and desserts. The items in the case looked delicious and I'll try one next visit. My coffee was very good and served at a great temperature. They serve street food on wed and Saturday. Nice place for a cup of joe in the downtown area

1  Thank Bob S

Been to Himalayan Java? Share your experiences!