“Had a great time”

TownePlace Suites Omaha West
Ranked #46 of 84 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed 26 August 2017

The suite was ADA handicapped with roll in shower. It was great! full size fridge, dishwasher, microwave, dishes and a couple pans supplied. had a two burner cooktop, two queen beds. table and desk for computer, comfortable chairs and plenty of lighting. The only complaint I have is that both of the beds were way to soft for me, my back is still hurting. Would be nice since there are two beds in the room to have one be firm, sleeping in the chair with a make shift foot rest did me better than the bed .Twenty of us gathered Saturday night on the front patio for a cook out on the huge BBQ grill, new found friends joined us and lined up on the brick wall for food and drink since the tables were taken. It was very enjoyable.

Room Tip: Had family on first, second and fourth floors all suites were good.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Bill A, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Omaha West, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Thank you for your comments. Of the two grilling areas, that one is used the most. Its a great place to gather and enjoy great company over a fine grilling experience. Thank you for allowing us to be part of your day.

Reviewed 19 August 2017

The general manager explained to me that he was sent to this location to oversee the complete renovation of this hotel to "a Third Generation" level--and the result is very impressive.
I selected the location for its proximity to my relatives, and to the various venues of a family reunion. It's close to a major intersection--Interstate 680 and Highway 6 (West Dodge Road)--but tucked away on a frontage road that it shares with a Hampton Inn, so there is little or no traffic.
I arrived close to midnight, the last one to check in, so got a room in the SW corner of the hotel, with windows in both directions, directly on parking spaces--BUT I never heard any auto or other noise at all. Impressive sound-proofing! My room had a handicapped bathroom--which I didn't need or request--so had a walk-in shower, which was fine.
The bed was excellent. I always travel with a egg-crate mattress topper for the (too frequent) occasions I end up with a too-hard mattress. At this and other Marriott hotels I never need it--the bed was just right.
And I must mention the rooms come with *full* kitchens! A full-sized refrigerator, stove, *dishwasher*, microwave, dishes and cooking utensils. I didn't use any of them as my family gathering revolved around lots of shared meals, but the kitchen could be very convenient for many.
The breakfast service is remarkable in variety: 4 or 5 cold cereals, hot cereal, muffins, bagels, English muffins, two kinds of sausage patties, omelettes, fruit, juice, hot drinks, and two DIY waffle makers. Daily newspapers are complimentary.
While I doubt I'll have occasion to return to Omaha, I will certainly look for TownePlace Suites for future travels.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Bill A, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Omaha West, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2017

Dear Googleland,
Thank you for allowing us be part of your reunion. I enjoyed meeting your family an hearing their stories. One of the things I love most about my job is the ability to meet interesting people and listen to them talk about themselves and their families. We look forward to your next reunion. Thank you,
Bill

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

I had the opportunity to spend 5 weeks at the TownePlace Suites. The staff is very accommodating and friendly. The manager has gone out of his way to make our stay very comfortable. General area around the hotel is family safe and secure with many shops and grocery stores minutes away. Many days as a family, we took a walk in the community from the hotel. Clean rooms.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Bill A, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Omaha West, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Dear PB, Thank you for your comments about your stay with us. I am thankful that we were part of your journey and you and your family enjoyed your time here. If we can be of any assistance in the future, please let us know. Thank you

Reviewed 7 August 2017

It is hard to beat the consistent quality of Marriott. TownePlace Suites is a good stop. The rooms are nice. The beds are comfortable. The room is spacious. Very clean and comfortable. I am always well taken care of at Marriott and this property is no exception. Good stop in Omaha.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Bill A, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Omaha West, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Dear Cruising East,
I appreciate your kind words. Thank you for allowing us to be part of your journey.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

0 reviews

8/6/2017

Terrible, terrible, terrible!!! Reserved and prepaid for room a month in advance. Checked in on line at 430PM, got to hotel at 9 and they did not have our room. We had reserved a two room suite, as we have two small children, and they offered us two studio kings instead... and not even next to each other. Like we are suppose to put our kids to bed in one of the rooms alone and tell them, we are right down the hall in 219 if you need us?! Front desk help & asst mgr were disrespectful & unhelpful. Manager claimed it was not his job to ensure we got our room. Then one room did not even have linens for pull out bed. We called desk to have them brought up and same mgr asked if we could just come down and get them, as he was too busy... at 930 at night... to bring them up! So, get one kid out if pull out bed to take down the hall to the other room with mom so I could get said linens and received attitude from manager when I expressed my displeasure with the service! This is suppose to be a Marriot hotel?! Unbelievably poor experience and terrible staff!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Bill A, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Omaha West, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at my hotel. I apologize for the way your room reservation was handled and I will investigate. We surely missed the Marriott standards on many areas. This is not the way things are done.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

This location is convenient for the things I do in Omaha. The facility is clean and the staff is friendly. I had booked a room with two beds but did not arrive until late. They provided me with 2 one bed rooms to accommodate my needs and only charged for the one room. The breakfast was really good both mornings that I was there. Usually I don't do the breakfast but had time and really enjoyed the nice variety. I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: room 107 is close to the front on the main floor. King bed with sofa sleeper.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Bill A, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Omaha West, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Thank you for allowing us to be part of your journey. We appreciate your kind comments. We try to accommodate all requests but it is not always possible. Thank you for being understanding about your requested room change

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

Beautiful hotel. Great pool and fitness room. Biggest problem is that $200 dollar incidental was taken out and yet was never able to be refunded back to me. I had contacted the hotel a couple different times and no one was able to help me.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Bill A, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Omaha West, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2017

Dear Cassey91,
Thank you for your comments. Please contact me at (402) 590-2800, ext #503 and Ill be glad to take a look at your issue. I would think its just a hold and will be release in a few days. The hotel released it when you checked out so the length of time your lender holds your money is up to them. Please feel free to call me. Thank you, Bill Ammermann, General Manager