All reviews full kitchen waffles frontage road burner cooktop bedroom suite bit worn pool water room was clean both mornings waffle maker decent stay cold cereal the general manager english muffin west side three nights rooms are nice
Reviewed August 27, 2017 via mobile

This hotel did its job, but was nothing special. We stayed there three nights while dropping our daughter off at college. The facility is a bit worn. Bathroom had some gunk in the corners and you could tell was just getting a little old. Shampoo and Conditioner was not restocked each day, we had to call down and ask. Pool burned my teens eyes and they are swimmers so used to pool water, chemicals off a bit I think.

I will say the staff were very friendly, knowledgeable and went out of their way to smile and make you feel welcome.

All in all, ok but we'll be trying a new place next time.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Bill A, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Omaha West, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2017

Dear Gwen,
Thank you for your comments about your stay. I am concerned especially about your comment about the property being a little worn. We just finished a complete renovation 3 months ago so I will investigate your accommodations to see if we might have missed something. I will have the automatic pool system checked to make sure it is calibrated correctly so as to not cause anyone else any discomfort. Thank you for allowing us to be part of your journey.

Reviewed August 26, 2017

The suite was ADA handicapped with roll in shower. It was great! full size fridge, dishwasher, microwave, dishes and a couple pans supplied. had a two burner cooktop, two queen beds. table and desk for computer, comfortable chairs and plenty of lighting. The only complaint I have is that both of the beds were way to soft for me, my back is still hurting. Would be nice since there are two beds in the room to have one be firm, sleeping in the chair with a make shift foot rest did me better than the bed .Twenty of us gathered Saturday night on the front patio for a cook out on the huge BBQ grill, new found friends joined us and lined up on the brick wall for food and drink since the tables were taken. It was very enjoyable.

Room Tip: Had family on first, second and fourth floors all suites were good.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments. Of the two grilling areas, that one is used the most. Its a great place to gather and enjoy great company over a fine grilling experience. Thank you for allowing us to be part of your day.

Reviewed August 19, 2017

The general manager explained to me that he was sent to this location to oversee the complete renovation of this hotel to "a Third Generation" level--and the result is very impressive.
I selected the location for its proximity to my relatives, and to the various venues of a family reunion. It's close to a major intersection--Interstate 680 and Highway 6 (West Dodge Road)--but tucked away on a frontage road that it shares with a Hampton Inn, so there is little or no traffic.
I arrived close to midnight, the last one to check in, so got a room in the SW corner of the hotel, with windows in both directions, directly on parking spaces--BUT I never heard any auto or other noise at all. Impressive sound-proofing! My room had a handicapped bathroom--which I didn't need or request--so had a walk-in shower, which was fine.
The bed was excellent. I always travel with a egg-crate mattress topper for the (too frequent) occasions I end up with a too-hard mattress. At this and other Marriott hotels I never need it--the bed was just right.
And I must mention the rooms come with *full* kitchens! A full-sized refrigerator, stove, *dishwasher*, microwave, dishes and cooking utensils. I didn't use any of them as my family gathering revolved around lots of shared meals, but the kitchen could be very convenient for many.
The breakfast service is remarkable in variety: 4 or 5 cold cereals, hot cereal, muffins, bagels, English muffins, two kinds of sausage patties, omelettes, fruit, juice, hot drinks, and two DIY waffle makers. Daily newspapers are complimentary.
While I doubt I'll have occasion to return to Omaha, I will certainly look for TownePlace Suites for future travels.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Bill A, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Omaha West, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2017

Dear Googleland,
Thank you for allowing us be part of your reunion. I enjoyed meeting your family an hearing their stories. One of the things I love most about my job is the ability to meet interesting people and listen to them talk about themselves and their families. We look forward to your next reunion. Thank you,
Bill

Reviewed August 8, 2017 via mobile

I had the opportunity to spend 5 weeks at the TownePlace Suites. The staff is very accommodating and friendly. The manager has gone out of his way to make our stay very comfortable. General area around the hotel is family safe and secure with many shops and grocery stores minutes away. Many days as a family, we took a walk in the community from the hotel. Clean rooms.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Bill A, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Omaha West, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2017

Dear PB, Thank you for your comments about your stay with us. I am thankful that we were part of your journey and you and your family enjoyed your time here. If we can be of any assistance in the future, please let us know. Thank you

Reviewed August 7, 2017

It is hard to beat the consistent quality of Marriott. TownePlace Suites is a good stop. The rooms are nice. The beds are comfortable. The room is spacious. Very clean and comfortable. I am always well taken care of at Marriott and this property is no exception. Good stop in Omaha.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Bill A, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Omaha West, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2017

Dear Cruising East,
I appreciate your kind words. Thank you for allowing us to be part of your journey.