“Delicious enough to justify the noise level”
Review of Hiro 88

Hiro 88
Reserve with OpenTable
Hiro 88 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #125 of 1,523 Restaurants in Omaha
Price range: US$29 - US$31
Cuisines: Sushi
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 13th & Jackson
Description: Hiro 88 is an up-scale Pan-Asian restaurant in Omaha"s Old Market. Serving some of Omaha's best Sushi along with award winning Chinese food we have something for everyone's palate. We offer an extensive selection of sake, wine, beer and liquor. We can accommodate up to 26 diners in our private room and have experience with events ranging from rehearsal dinners to pharmaceutical presentations. In addition to our dining room and lounge we also have two large patios. Both Patios have full dinner and drink service.
Reviewed November 16, 2017

Upon arriving in Omaha, the last thing I would have thought I would enjoy was sushi. But, being with coworkers, I went along with the group's decision- particularly as there weren't many options on a Sunday at 9:30 pm. I am glad that I did. The soup was great, and the eel (both roll and nigiri) was amazing.

Reviewed November 15, 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed a lovely meal and good service in this beautifuly designed, very artistic restaurant: look at their lighting and the wall art!

Reviewed September 16, 2017

DO NOT GO TO HIRO!!! They said they would honor gift cards from Salt and they DO NOT!!! Had a $50 gift certificate from Salt that we were told about a month ago by a manager at Hiro we could use there as long as we used it after August 15th. Went to Hiro tonight to use it and were told that the owner said they would not honor it. We asked to speak to the owner and someone else came out and said he was speaking on the owners behalf and that they couldn't do anything about it, they were not honoring that "type" of gift certificate. We then explained that we had spoke with a manager about a month before and she said they would honor it. He said that unfortunately she misspoke and was no longer working there and they couldn't honor it. When we asked if we could speak to the owner directly he said no he's working in the kitchen and had sent him out because he was too busy to talk to us. At this point Sean turned to Lori and said we should write a bad review on yelp (not loud, in a normal speaking tone) as I continued to try to talk to him about it. The next thing we know he sticks his finger in Sean's face and says "you insulted me!" and then sticks his finger in my face and says "and you insulted me!" and then says that we threatened him. We asked him how we insulted him personally and he said it was by saying we were going to write a bad review on yelp, which last I checked was our right as a paying customer. When we asked why when a manager told us they would honor it they now were saying the opposite he said "mistakes happen and if a manager misspoke to you and said "if you come in we'll give you a million dollars", would you really expect us to honor that? We told him that was ridiculous and that we were only expecting them to honor something they announced to the public that they would honor and he said "do you know we've already honored $40,000 worth of these?" He also said that we should have used it sooner at Salt because they owed it to us not Hiro, (a complete contradiction of what they themselves had announced). We tried to explain that that was not our problem, but none of it mattered so we paid the full bill and left.

Reviewed September 12, 2017

Very nice restaurant. Clean and contemporary environment. The menu is a little hard to understand, but the food is good. They even brought us out a desert for my birthday!

Reviewed August 18, 2017 via mobile