Open today: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo A must see attractiom.

Weither your from the Midwest, or not, Omaha's zoo is a must see attractiom. It far surpasses any... read more

Reviewed today
Monica D
via mobile
Great to visit, always something new.

I always have great time when I visit the zoo with my family. They always have new attractions or... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
Luke H

Recommended experiences in and around Omaha
from US$19.00
More Info
from US$59.00
More Info
5,348 results
All reviews desert dome lied jungle indoor exhibits imax theater butterfly house big cats stingray beach sky tram san diego world class train ride under construction splash pad my favorite great exhibits omaha area something for everyone
Reviewed June 20, 2018 via mobile

We have only seen a quarter of the zoo and already it is the best zoo I’ve ever been to. We started at the Lied Jungle and then went to the aquarium: So educational, so beautiful: birds, mammals, sea creatures m, reptiles from grouped together natural settings according to their regions.

We saw fish eating the skin off of a hippo. Birds are flying over head (watch out for droppings), bats are hanging out, and at 4pm they start flying around. In the acquarium there is a touch tank, we touched starfish! We got to the penguins in time for their meal: 100lbs of fish per day! Wow! And the zoo educator offered cards with information on sustainable fishing.

We have to go back to see more, so much fun!

2  Thank MaRose27
Reviewed June 19, 2018 via mobile

This wasn’t my first time going to this zoo, but every time I come here, I’m in awe and shock!! The animals seem like they are taken good care of (thank the lord). This zoo also transports you to the areas they live, and it’s so fun to wonder around the different environments!! If you ever visit Omaha, you NEED to come here!!

1  Thank itsjaya
Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

This is the best zoo I have ever been to, and I have been to many in the USA and Europe. Well laid out with 3 different modes of transportation to cover the zoo, skyway, tram, and a train. Best view by far is the skyway. Even though it was 98 degrees out there eere so many exhibits that weee indoors that you could keep cool and still enjoy the zoo. The gorillas and ape house was excellent as were the penguins. Prices were reasonable for an attaction of this quality. Plus you could bring your own food and beverages in and there were plenty of water fountains around to refill them The aquarium was also excellent.

1  Thank friarfootball78
Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

Good zoo. Animals viewable even when it’s too hot for the animals to be in the sun. Plenty of food options that are reasonable.

Reviewed June 18, 2018

Every time I visit Omaha, the zoo is a must see. Each time I visit, there is something new and improved and even more exciting to experience. The latest adventure was watching the zoo keepers help the elephants get use to their new expanded area. They had buried vegetables to provide a curiosity for the animals. The bridge over the lake full of coy is always a special place and the roaming peacocks are constant entertainment for the children. Each area of the zoo has its own charm and reflects the care and concern for the welfare of the animals.

Date of experience: September 2017