“Great BarBeQue, So-So Service”

Boyd & Charlies BBQ
Ranked #312 of 1,378 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 3 April 2017

Boyd & Charlies is a neighborhood restaurant for us; it is very cozy and comfortable. The barbecue is fabulous; I had the brisket and my wife had the shredded pork. The waitress must have had a bad day: no smiles, no greetings, no pleasantries, just, "What can I getcha?" Extra napkins offered, but never delivered. The topper was a bottle of beer carried to the table inside of the mug. I don't think that would meet the health code. Where has that bottle been? Bouncing around in the back of a beer truck, delivered through trashing parking lots on a hand cart, and handled by God-only-knows how many people. Breweries have no obligation to make the outside of their bottles sanitary, just the inside. That was a real turn-off.

Reviewed 20 November 2016

We were greeted and seated quickly. Our orders were taken and served efficiently. The waitress delivered our meal and drinks. She checked back with to see if everything was O.K. four times. The food was hot and was fresh. The sides were good and were as described. I especially liked that the BBQ sauces were on the table with a choice of four different sauces. Informal atmosphere with everyday Nebraska people in all walks of life. More choices of Craft Beers would be a good addition.

Reviewed 26 September 2016

Tried this place recently inasmuch as their menu crowed about the food. I got the St. Louis ribs which were just awful - no smoked flavor, dishwatery, didn't sit well. Moreover, their choice of BBQ sauces is rather dreary. The beans get a big buildup on the menu but are less appetizing than you''d ever get from a can of Bush's. This place impresses me as just another suburban poser spot with not much going for it.

Reviewed 5 September 2016

I enjoy Ribs, and these are some of the finest at a reasonable price.
Great family atmosphere, on our way to go play at ta ha zouka park.

Reviewed 14 August 2016

With wife as we were buying time before heading to a reception at Indian creek near Elkhorn. Very nice looking place on Main Street of Elkhorn and the BBQ smell when we came in was wonderful. Made me want to order food even though we were going to eat shortly. About 5 beers on tap and the service was excellent. We were there about 3:15 and there were a few people there on Saturday but we saw a lot of of take orders big and small while we were there. If you like BBQ or just the smell of BBQ you need to stop here.