“SUPER slow sushi service”
Review of Wasabi Sushi - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Wasabi Sushi
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed January 8, 2014

The value is pretty good, if you can eat a lot of sushi like our crew. But it is extremely slow... maybe so you have time to get full so you will eat less sushi. We've been here 2 times, both at lunch and both times I think it took over 2 hours.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I've been to this place several times over the last maybe three years. I've had better sushi, but this place seemed to end up to my first choice. Reason? Affordable, average to decent food. A better Japanese restaurant will more than likely have a price tag sky high, especially for a person like me who has a good appetite. I'm not saying those are not worth it, but it's not everytime I want to spend when it comes to have some sushi. The sashimi might be quite fishy, indeed sometimes I can clearly tell they are not fresh. However, for a fairly low priced restaurant in the middle of continent, it's certainly too much to ask for absolutely fresh seafood. At least so far, I haven't felt sick after eating their food, but YMMV. Their sushi is okay, but they do put too much rice into it, as the way of all AYCE style sushi restaurants. Their appetizers, on the other hand, have quite a few surprises. Good surprises. They might not be authentic Japanese style, but the taste is quite well.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

This AYCE sushi is pretty average.They put too much rice in their rolls, very little fish, drowing under sauce. I order an eel Dunburi - eel served on a bowl of rice. Guess what, a big bowl full of rice soaking in eel sauce and 2 miserable thinly slice piece of eel. Even the order of wakame - seaweed salad was ridiculously small portion, but I can't complain too much on that because I could always order more.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

For the most part the food is Japanese style, but their are some Chinese influences as well (I think most of the employees are Chinese as well. At least last time I was there that's what they told me). The great thing about this place is the sushi is a little cheaper than most sushi places, so you can get your sushi fix without losing all your money. The atmosphere is sort of cheesy and every waiter I've had barely speaks English, so it can be hard ordering, but they're very friendly. You can choose a single price of something like $14 for all you can eat. You don't have to order it all at once. So considering two rolls of sushi could easily cost you that much or more at other restaurants, this is a steal. And the food is very good.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

This is usually where family and friends converge, not just for the food, but fun. The sushi is fresh, and options such as grilled meat are available. No, they don't have burgers, but they do offer more than just seafood. Half of our fun is remembering what was ordered (you list quantities on a menu sheet) and the other half is discovering new flavors.

Be aware not to over-order or be wasteful, or you will be charged the ala-carte price of the item you left.

No one leaves hungry. Sashimi lovers, Unite! Yes sashimi-all-you-care-to-eat (until supply is exhausted). Friendly staff, a tad slow at times, but otherwise very accomodating and friendly. I prefer it to the Sushi Couture wanna-bees because, well, Wasabi Sushi is down to earth and quite the value for the money, quality and atmosphere.