New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Travel Inn Omaha

Travel Inn Omaha
Ranked #73 of 83 Hotels in Omaha
Sioux City, Iowa
“Worst Motel I have ever stayed in.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2010

I checked in at 9:30 p.m. The lady Jonette(sp) Checked me, and my sister, and boyfriend in. We got up to the room, and their were dead bugs on the floor. The air conditioner we could NOT get it to shut off. We called down to the front desk, because we wanted to switch rooms, the lady said she was booked and couldn't do that. We then took the bug down to the desk, she told us we had gotten the bug from outside, we were lying. We asked for extra towels, and she said they were all dirty and could not provide us with extra towels the same thing with blankets. So we went to check out, and the lady told us we could NOT get a refund. So, we were pretty much forced to stay in this really small motel room. The lady was rude. The next day I went down to check out, there was no Manager. She was on vacation. No one was in charge therefore they could not issue me a refund. I contacted Guest relations after about a week of trying to get in touch with the manager. The manager never returned one of my calls. Then when I did get ahold of her, she called me a liar, belittled me and basically would not let me get a word in edge wise. I contacted corporate, and nothing has happened. This has been going on for over 2 weeks now, and yet I am getting no where. I will never ever stay at a Motel6 again. I have been in Hospitality business for years, and this is not a way to treat a guest.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank MainAttraction4u

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
milwaukee, wi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2009

Checked in and was treated cordially and professionally. We had made reservations and had requested a bottom floor unit and they came thru on that. In light of the recent bedbug epidemic in the US , we did a careful inspection of the bedding and discovered NO BEDBUGS. The room was also cleanly , no gross surprises, it was typical for a Motel 6, spartan, small, rough towels, but good basic cable and very nice to park right by our door. Beds were decent, sheets clean. The mgt of this hotel should be encouraged to keep a vigilant eye out for bedbugs as if these happy little critters hitch a ride on your luggage, it will take a minimum of $2000 dollars to rid your home of these pests once they get established inside the walls of your home. Lets hope the rest of the Motel 6's around the country get a clue and take steps to prevent these pests. The only negative that I can think of is there is only 1 ice machine at the check in area, and it spitted out only 3 pitiful, ice-shaveing-type ice cubes when the desk gave me a tiny, glad-sandwich sized baggy to fill, so by all means bring your own ice. No big deal on this minor inconveniance. There is a huge monsterous convience store only a block or 2 away, open 24 hrs, so this was not a problem. Mgt told me they had good coffee in the lobby in the morning. We were gratefull that this Motel 6 delivered on its national promise of a good cheap clean place to stay for the nite. And in Omaha, this unfortunatly seems to be a rarity,according to reviews. Bottom line is this place is a go, but check the beds when you arrive, as with any motel room you check into.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Vail, co
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2009

Vetry dirty interior. Graffitti on the walls in the hallways, torn green carpet, reeked like cigarrette smoke. The blanket on the bed was too small...
This place was very gross

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Omaha hotels

nebraska
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2009

This Motel 6 was the one at the Sapp Brothers exit. My room reeked of cigarette smoke as did the entire facility, Not surprising since when I came back from dinner there were several people congregated around the front door smoking. The sheets on my bed were so old and pebbled it was like sleeping on sandpaper. The shower was too filthy to use so I leaned over from outside the shower to wash my hair. I stayed 2 nights and my room was not made up after the first night.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank phsevers
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2008

This Motel 6 was good for a stop along the road. Our room was spotless, but the carpets were still wet from cleaning. Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful- she offered us a choice of floors and changed our room when I complained of wet carpets in the first room (it turned out they had all been cleaned and there was not much difference)
The pool was nice- a bit cold for me, but my daughter didn't mind. In the morning there was good coffee in the lobby.
It's located near a number of restaurants and a mall area, but it's pretty far from the downtown attractions. I would probably stay closer in if I was spending a few days in Omaha. However, for a one night stay en route to somewhere else, it was a fine, pleasant and quiet place to spend the night.

• Liked — friendly, helpful people: extremely clean
  • Disliked — wet carpets
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Check-in / front desk
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2007

Pleasantly surprised by this property. It offers basic accomodations, however, it is staffed with the nicest hotel employees I have ever met. No pretentiousness only good service and willingness to help. If all hotel employees were like this.

Stayed May 2007
1 Thank RegisToronto
Also consider these accommodations in or near Omaha
0.4 km away
4.5 km away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha South - Ralston Arena
6.4 km away
Days Inn & Suites Omaha NE

Been to Travel Inn Omaha? Share your experiences!