“Ruined $125 Wagyu steak with steaksauce”

V. Mertz Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
V. Mertz Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 1,523 Restaurants in Omaha
Price range: US$31 - US$60
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 11th Street
Reviewed July 29, 2018

I really wanted to like this place. Everything was setting up for the perfect evening out for our special occasion... great ambiance, good server, amazing menu (ordered the $125 American Wagyu steak)... so imagine my horror when the steak came out, and right after placing it on the table, the server poured sauce all over it... the $125 steak.... covered in sauce...

Reviewed July 9, 2018

I admit I haven’t been in a couple of years, however their reputation hasn’t been tarnished. Terrific steaks, fish, all foods. The service was fantastic. Went there for our Anniversary celebrations. Pretty cool location in the Old Market Omaha. I would highly recommend a meal there. Very high end , but comfortable.

Reviewed June 12, 2018

We love your place. Any chance of you bringing back your Groupon deal back? Stay awesome. My daughter is always asking when are we going to V. Mertz. She loves the cheese plates.

Reviewed May 7, 2018 via mobile

Menu very interesting. We had goose egg with gnudi which was quite delicious. The octopus appetizer was excellently prepared. The rib eye was fine. Our server, Terence was perfect, attentive, and efficient. Best service possible. Wine list is good.

Reviewed April 25, 2018

From the moment we arrived for our reservation, we were treated like royalty. Our waiter took my husband's suit coat and hat for safekeeping and brought us an appetizer. Our meal choices were described and we were told how long it would take to cook. Our waiter, David, was very attentive and came by the table numerous times to refill our water and see if everything was okay. The Morgan Ranch Wagyu beef NY Strip that my husband ordered was cooked to perfection and tasted superb. I ordered the Prime Rib, also cooked exactly the way I enjoy it. Mustard greens was part of my meal, and even though I didn't think I would like them, they were delicious. Our dessert was Peanut and Vanilla Mousse with Chocolate Ganache. It was wonderful. David went above and beyond to make our anniversary celebration a memorable one. We will definitely be back.

Been to V. Mertz Restaurant? Share your experiences!