“Boneless Best. ”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 23, 2018 via mobile

Do not sit by the front door is absolutely freezing.
The breaded Ooysters are amazing.
I am Not A Fan Of Fish With Bones.
Had. The Famous Jess Tess Fish.
Would Recommend Tilapia.
When You Order 2 Sides.
Rice And Some. Other Side.
Not. Fried Chips.
Be Very Very Persistence On. Not Sitting By Front Door. It’s Way To. COLDEST.
Watching The Bill. As Usually.

Reviewed August 10, 2017 via mobile

It's raining carp and carp is on the menu. That is why Guy came and so you know I'm going try what he tried.....and I have never tried carp. I started with the catfish chowder and it tasted like a good vegetable soup with Old Bay seasoning. For the entree, I went with the fried carp and the homemade chips. The frying process used causes most of the carp bones to essentially disintegrate. And for the taste, the carp reminded me of river catfish I used to eat as a child back long before "farm raised" became in vogue. Overall, the fish was really good and the chips were top notch. Joe Tess is definitely worth the trip.

Reviewed July 7, 2017

Family and friends had different meals. My wife and I ghad the cat fish dinner, son had shrimp and chicken, I think others had the famous fish dinner(carp). All said it was good.

Reviewed June 28, 2017

I used to love Joe Tess. It was a South Omaha icon. My, how things change. From what I understand, the restaurant is under new managerment/ownership. The quality of the food has gone down hill drastically. Extremely greasy and it tastes like very, very old oil that everything is fried in. My husband had the catfish dinner and I had the fried oyster dinner. Within 20 minutes of leaving we had to pull the car off the road so I could get sick. I was fine before I went in and fine again about an hour after I got sick. I don't know if the food was poorly cooked or not stored properly. We will never eat here again. It's definitely not the same Joe Tess Restaurant.

Reviewed May 18, 2017

This is a fresh fish place with the fresh fish market next door we had heard about and wanted to try. We arrived early, before 5 PM and it was not yet busy. I had the Famous Fish which is one piece of breaded Carp and fried and comes with two sides. I had Jacket Fries and Cold Slaw. Jacket Fries have the potato skins left on. I don’t live in the area but if I make it back want to try something else on the menu. It seemed like it took a little while for our order but I am chalking that up to being fresh and prepared after we ordered.

Been to Joe Tess Place? Share your experiences!