“Liked it Swell”

Price range: US$9 - US$14
Cuisines: Pub, Gastropub, Brew Pub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner
Description: Housed in a remodeled 1910s movie theatre, Benson Brewery is a turn of the century-meets-modern restaurant and brewery specializing in artisan food & house beer.
Reviewed July 16, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I enjoy visiting new breweries. I'm glad we found this one. It's located in a very "hip" area near Omaha. If you get there early enough you'll be able to shop the shops and maybe bar-hop. Lots of 20 and 30 somethings hanging out. We're in our 60's, but still felt comfortable even tho we could have given birth to everyone else. We enjoyed our beers, tried several. They also offer cocktails that looked amazing. Staff was friendly, fun, and attentive on a very busy Saturday night. We loved the Wedge Salad! The Fish and Chips dinner was okay. The fries were fresh, but I like them less crispy (they were a little over-fried). Price point is very reasonable. Noise level is through the roof, but happy.

Reviewed June 18, 2017

My husband and I went to this quaint little town of Benson and it was really a cool little place with lots of shops and restaurants. We decided to go into Benson Brewery and we always like to sit at the bar and possibly socialize with the other visitors if the opportunity arises. Well the stools at the bar were so uncomfortable we almost left without eating. The only reason we stayed was it was getting late and we didn't want to start looking for another place. I was looking around at the seats at the other tables but they also didn't look that comfortable. I wondered if they sat in any of this before the purchased!!
The bartender was friendly and the food was good. I had the brussels sprout appetizer which was really tasty.

Reviewed June 10, 2017

My son was in town and treated us to dinner. I had been in before and had great fish & chips. This time I had the black & blue burger - tasty, but not as bold as I'd hoped.
Beer and service were great, still worth a visit!

Reviewed June 8, 2017

The neighborhood of Benson was not the draw. Hospitality staff speak of it as "funky," but it is converted warehouses centered around an adult lingerie and toy shop. So.. ok. The brewery is pub fare a cut above the expected. Large portions, great flavors. Creative "beer cocktails," standbys and local brews. We chose the beer garden, and it was nice to be outside on a summer night. This area is umbrella'd picnic tables, and maybe doubling up on a busy night. Excellent service. and really.... the Reuben!

Reviewed April 9, 2017 via mobile

We were in town for a concert and we were told to try the Benson Brewery for lunch and drinks. We ordered the brussel sprouts for an appetizer and were extremely happy with them. All of our lunches were excellent and they had good cocktails as well.

All of our group agreed that we would come back.