“Bar food; what do you expect?”
Review of Redeye Tavern

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Redeye Tavern
Ranked #1,039 of 1,531 Restaurants in Omaha
Reviewed April 23, 2017

Nothing really stands out about this place, it is a convenient location for me and is really a good local place. Decent bar food, but how hard is it to do something deep fried and put in a basket?

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed March 20, 2017

Every year I try to go back to Red Eye Tavern, every year I say I won't go back and this time I'm sticking to it. I go there around March Madness because it has a great central location, they have a lot of televisions and they serve food. However, like always the same problems sneak up. I have never been there for a March Madness day when I give a card and they don't over charge me. I have to watch my tab like a hawk. And, in fact, this year like always, I was again overcharged. Because service was so bad, and I mean bad, we would have not one beer, no water left and there would be five girls watching their phone at the bar, we started going to buckets of beer. I don't know how many times we had to go up and get our own drinks because they didn't come around. They didn't come around long before there was even a crowd. We stopped getting service when there was only five tables in use. Nonetheless, they overcharged me a full bucket, not just one beer, a five beer bucket. And, they never have good beer specials, so a bucket is basically $17 in beer. Not only was I overcharged, but two others at my table were also. In addition, one of the waitresses who brought us a bucket of beer spilled ice all around our table and in one of my friend's purses, never offered to clean it up, never picked any of it up, so we had a puddle of water under our table. Then, to make things worse, this bar touts March Madness, has no less than eight televisions, but they wouldn't watch to make sure channels were changed to games coming on, so there were times where every television would be on one or two games when three or four were going. Then, if you asked them to change the channel, even gave them the channel, they often didn't do it or changed to the wrong channel. They weren't even in full St. Patty's bar mode yet and couldn't manage the place. Every year I want to like this bar, but every year it disappoints. On a normal day I have been there and I find the bar expensive, food average at best and not many good beer specials. I think location is what it really has going for it. All in all, I don't frequent this bar because there is not much to it on a regular basis, but I will not return during March Madness or St. Patty's again.

Date of visit: March 2017