All reviewshi expressfront deskstaff was very friendlybeer and wineeach morningbeds were comfortablea great staywe've stayedbusiness tripfuneralremodelinginterstate
Reviewed June 27, 2018

The Express was very good! but we waited quite a while before someone came to the front desk. No bell around to ring. The hotel was clean and the rooms were very nice. Beds were very comfortable as well. The breakfast was fabulous!! lots of choices and front desk kept it very well stocked. Daily newspapers were laying on a table for our convenience.

Room Tip: Handicapped rooms were close to the lobby which was great!!
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
David C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha West, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2018

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us after being delayed to get checked in. We pride ourselves on being Omaha's friendliest hotel and we deeply apologize for not being present and welcoming you when you arrived. We are happy that you did not let it hold you back from having a terrific experience. We will remind our front desk team members of the importance of being present at the desk and re-enforce our practices for when they need to step away for a moment. Thanks and we hope to welcome you back to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed June 16, 2018 via mobile

While the facilities themselves were very clean and new. We had a slight problem in the pool area.
Our room was clean, spacious and comfortable, however, upon check in our boys wanted to swim in the pool.
As a family we ventured to the indoor pool facilities that were also very well maintained and clean. While in the pool, the front desk attendant came down and added more chemical to the pool WHILE WE WERE SWIMMING! My husband, having owned a pool business years before, noticed the water became very strong with the odor of chlorine.
After leaving the pool I had my boys shower to rinse off the chemical, but my 7 year old complained most of the night that his eyes were burning. All of our swimming clothes caused our entire room to reek of chlorine bleach, so much so my husband could not sleep.
I loved the comfort of the property and gave it only 2 stars as I would not return. I feel the addition of more chlorine to the pool while guests are using is very unsafe and very inconsiderate! I was not happy with this stay after the pool incident.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
David C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha West, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2018

Dear Bobbieg194,

Our hotel is in receipt of your TripAdvisor survey and we are deeply concerned regarding the comments you mention referring to the hotel pool. As our hotel does not utilize liquid chlorine, we are wondering if your review may have been intended for another hotel.

Should chlorine need to be added to our pool, it is done by placing chlorinated solid-form blocks into a computerized system in our pool room (we do not add any chemicals directly to the pool water). Our hotel is strictly monitored by the County Health Department and we have an outstanding record with them regarding our pool and spa.

We hope you might reach out to our management team at the property to further discuss your concern so that we may put your mind at ease that our guests safety is of utmost importance. Please, call the hotel General Manager or Front Office Manager at 402-333-5566 at your convenience. Thanks!

Reviewed May 24, 2018

When traveling we always stay at Holiday Inn Express & Suites. After this fiasco, we will never stay at this hotel chain again.

We were stuck with two different reservations but on consecutive days. We added an extra day onto our trip at the beginning and the reservation person I spoke to on the phone couldn't just add another day to the existing reservation... So thinking this would probably cause confusion at the hotel I called the hotel the day before we were to arrive to explain the situation. I reached the hotel manager and she assured me she knew exactly what I was talking about, would make notes so everyone knew and put us in the correct room we requested. When we reached our hotel the next evening I even told the current hotel clerk the situation and was assured there was absolutely no problem.

The day after we checked in we had to go out of town for the day for a meeting. We were just about to head out the door and we received a phone call in the room from the hotel clerk, Curt. He informed me his computer showed we were checking out that day. (Exactly the problem I was trying to avoid!)
I explained to him I had spoken to the hotel manager and the hotel clerk the night before we were not checking out but had two reservations and were staying until Wednesday. He said he could only look at one reservation at a time and his computer showed we were checking out that day. I told him I would come down there and bring my reservation papers so he could physically see we had two reservations and we were not checking out.

Long story short....I went down there, explained to him I spoke to the manager and the clerk the night before and showed him the two printed emails I had and he wouldn't even look at the printouts. I must have had to explain things to him at least a half a dozen times. I told him I felt like I was being harassed because I didn't know how else to explain this to him. He kept asking me to answer his question which was.....are you checking out today. This entire fiasco made us very late for out of town appointment.

The manager was informed of this issue and we were told Curt is a new employee and he works part time and is a math teacher so she guessed he was used to talking to high school students. My question is: Don't you train your new employees and do you want your hotel clerks talking to your customers like they are high school students?
We were told by Tasha that there were notes everywhere and Curt just did not see them.

The manager told me she would get in contact with us the week we were there. She called the hotel room around 4pm the day before we were to leave and left a message to call the front desk. I called the front desk around 9pm when we got back to our room and of course Tasha had left for the day. The hotel clerk said she would text Tasha and get back to me but we have heard absolutely nothing.

Their breakfast was horrible as well. The eggs were cold and had no flavor and the pancakes were like rubber.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel chain
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
David C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha West, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2018

Dear Ms. Connie,

On behalf of the entire team here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha West we would like to deeply apologize for the extremely frustrating experience you encountered during your stay with us. There is no doubt that we failed to provide you with the highest level of customer service that our brand, management, ownership, and team members strive to provide each time we engage with our guests.

Our senior management team has investigated this issue and will be implementing new procedures and protocols to avoid situations like yours from happening again in the future.

We genuinely appreciate the opportunity to learn from this short-coming while we continue to celebrate the successes that the Holiday Inn Express Brand and our hotel are accustomed to providing. Our greatest gift is our guests and we sincerely hope that our deepest apologies may allow for the willingness to give us another try during your next visits to Omaha so you might see our dedication to provide exceptional guest service every time

Reviewed May 22, 2018

The standard for Holiday-In, we stay there for 2 nights on business trip. Breakfast could be a little bit more variety. But for oversleeping for 2 night is ok. Most important was the bed and this one was good.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Lukas K
Reviewed February 4, 2018

I stayed for two nights while attending an event at nearby Ralston High School. The hotel was clean, quiet and comfortable. My only gripe is how I managed to miss the complimentary beer and wine...I only noticed the sign referring to it after I was ready to check out!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo