“Best of everything in Omaha”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Johnny Goodman Golf Course
Ranked #8 of 29 Outdoor Activities in Omaha
Reviewed 24 June 2017

Johnny Goodman is first rate all the way around. The conditions are superb. I've played a lot of country clubs, and the condition of Goodman is just as good as any private place. I've played at Omaha Country Club, notorious for having incredibly difficult greens. Goodman's greens are just as tough as theirs.

I've met a lot of club professionals, but Pete is the best I have ever had the pleasure to come in contact with. "No" is not in his vocabulary. I am a single 99% of the time I go out there (mainly because if I play with someone, they don't want to play Goodman because it's too difficult), and he could have a full tee sheet and he will find a way to stick me on.

For $27; 18 holes, walking, and with a warm up bucket, i'm not sure if you can find a better value anywhere in Omaha. Go early, the old timers that play there are skilled, quick and always have a great conversation.

I can't say enough about how I love this place.

Reviewed 21 September 2016

Fairly demanding course. Very few flat shots, everything seems to be on a hill or slop. Very well managed and taken care of. For the price and ease of access it is worth checking out.

Reviewed 5 September 2016

This golf course surpassed my expectations.
Nicely manicured greens, with challenging golf at every turn.
I wish that I lived closer, I'd play here weekly.

Reviewed 23 December 2014

One of my favorites in town. Nice variety of holes with some challenges and some rewards. I think it's the 8th hole on the front 9 has a small creek, careful there, as the whole area around it was swampy last time I was there, a buddy was trying to chip and his foot sunk in pretty far and tweaked his ankle. I blamed it on bad foot position, but that was met with glare. The beverage cart came around often with cold drinks, which was nice. Make sure to set a tee time, it gets busy.

1  Thank pheaton
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I've played this course for over 20 years and it has never been in any better shape than it is today. The golf pro Pete makes you feel welcome and the staff is very accommodating. If you're up for a challenging but fair day on the links give Johnny Goodman a try. You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank hogansdad