Open today: 7:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Review Highlights
Great course and Management

Reviewed May 5, 2018
Sheridan93
Omaha
via mobile
It gets better every year

Reviewed August 16, 2017
Emil T
Omaha, Nebraska

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed May 5, 2018 via mobile

Played today and course was in excellent condition. As most times, I was a single and Pete worked me in immediately, in fact our before the first foursome of the day.

Pete always works hard to find slots for walk ups, and that on top of course conditions make Johnny Goodman my go to choice in Omaha.

Have played most of the states top courses, Omaha has a top tier course with “The Johnny “

Thanks again Pete for always finding room for me.

Reviewed August 16, 2017

I first played the course 45 years ago and it had small trees and was easy. I just went back to experience the marvelous course all of those tiny trees are now majestic and have created an Awsome course.

1  Thank Emil T
Reviewed June 24, 2017

Johnny Goodman is first rate all the way around. The conditions are superb. I've played a lot of country clubs, and the condition of Goodman is just as good as any private place. I've played at Omaha Country Club, notorious for having incredibly difficult greens. Goodman's greens are just as tough as theirs.

I've met a lot of club professionals, but Pete is the best I have ever had the pleasure to come in contact with. "No" is not in his vocabulary. I am a single 99% of the time I go out there (mainly because if I play with someone, they don't want to play Goodman because it's too difficult), and he could have a full tee sheet and he will find a way to stick me on.

For $27; 18 holes, walking, and with a warm up bucket, i'm not sure if you can find a better value anywhere in Omaha. Go early, the old timers that play there are skilled, quick and always have a great conversation.

I can't say enough about how I love this place.

Reviewed September 21, 2016

Fairly demanding course. Very few flat shots, everything seems to be on a hill or slop. Very well managed and taken care of. For the price and ease of access it is worth checking out.

Reviewed September 5, 2016

This golf course surpassed my expectations.
Nicely manicured greens, with challenging golf at every turn.
I wish that I lived closer, I'd play here weekly.

Reviewed December 23, 2014

One of my favorites in town. Nice variety of holes with some challenges and some rewards. I think it's the 8th hole on the front 9 has a small creek, careful there, as the whole area around it was swampy last time I was there, a buddy was trying to chip and his foot sunk in pretty far and tweaked his ankle. I blamed it on bad foot position, but that was met with glare. The beverage cart came around often with cold drinks, which was nice. Make sure to set a tee time, it gets busy.

1  Thank pheaton
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I've played this course for over 20 years and it has never been in any better shape than it is today. The golf pro Pete makes you feel welcome and the staff is very accommodating. If you're up for a challenging but fair day on the links give Johnny Goodman a try. You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank hogansdad
Reviewed December 22, 2011

In the past the clubhouse and on course employees (rangers) were EXTREMELY RUDE to women even though our foursome carried a 15-21 handicap and played in the allotted four hours. There are many better courses in Omaha where we now play. The course itself needs better upkeep. The actual 18 holes were fun to play.

Reviewed July 9, 2009

This par 72, 6,900 yard golf course is the jewel of the City of Omaha golf course system. It is located in southwest Omaha and can be difficult to find, so have a map with you the first time you play it. It is generally well maintained with large relatively fast greens. There are lakes on every par 3.

Number 16 is the course's signature hole. The locals refer to it as the "Road Hole". It is a dogleg par 5 that snakes around apartment buildings. The view from the tee box is one of the most scenic in Omaha.

The staff is very friendly and green fees are reasonable.

2  Thank max_webster