“Outstanding Brisket!”
Review of Smoking Jay's

Smoking Jay's
Ranked #92 of 1,378 Restaurants in Omaha
Reviewed 8 August 2017

Don't let the location fool you. This is a great BBQ place. The dinners are HUGE. The brisket melts in your mouth. Great value for the meal. Dinners include toast and a delicious homemade corn muffin. The sides are all homemade too and are very tasty. Your soft drink is included as well. You order at the counter but the meal is delivered to you. We were checked on multiple times to see if we needed anything. I thought it was very good service.

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

Service was good. Food was great. The brisket was very juicy. My wife had the pulled pork and she said it was the best pulled pork she has had in a long time.

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

I don't like this place it's horrible and the food is very greasy, when we came there were some tables without lifting the plates of the previous guests.

2  Thank Adriana R
Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

Walked into the restaurant and it smelled smokey (the yummy kind) and my hopes were high. Unfortunately, it missed the mark! The brisket tasted like it was just pulled from a crockpot. No smoke ring and bland! I have had better mac and cheese from a Kraft box. We got fried pickles which tasted good but we got 8 small pickle slices for 5 bucks. The staff were friendly but the food just wasn't what we expected for a place with such high ratings.

2  Thank Kim P
Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

Family owned and operated. It is a small place with plastic tablecloths and potentially great food throughout. Results were uneven. The half rack of pork ribs ($18 includes beverage and two sides and bread) is more than enough for one person. Lots of meat and smoked perfectly. I had the mild sauce and it is incredible. The full rack is huge and comes in pieces, not as a rack. I attached a picture.

Beef Brisket was a 10. Heart attack burger includes a burger with pulled pork, onion rings, and white and yellow cheeses all on top - a big handful. This was highly appreciated.

Onion rings. In our group the got ratings from 2 to 7 out of 10. Ours were the darkest color I have ever seen in an onion ring. The onion part perfectly cooked, but the coating was dense and not as tasty as it could be. I would skip these.

Baked beans. Everyone said excellent.

Mac and Cheese. 4 to 9. Very creamy, but could use just a bit more pizazz.

Cole Slaw got medium grades. A bit soupy for me.

Corn bread comes with meal, but no butter or honey so quite dry.

We came for ribs and they are a 10. Sides vary in quality. We are definitely going again. Figure about $20 a person for a huge meal. With specials you could eat for under $10.

Been to Smoking Jay's? Share your experiences!