All reviews self catering olympic rep top floor nearest beach air con small pool one bedroom apartment mega ammos ham minute walk sheets and towels hired a car quiet location hand held shower bins emptied every day lots of hot water after reading some of the reviews
Reviewed September 30, 2017

We stayed at Mourtemeno on the 14th - 21st September. the hotel is a basic but you pay for what you get and at the price we really couldn't complain. The room was clean, sheets and towels a little worn but clean and beds comfortable. We had an inland facing room and it was spectacular to watch the sun rise onto our balcony in the morning. The bathroom was super clean and lots of hot water for the shower. The staff were delightful and very friendly and the Olympic rep was extremely helpful and very knowledgeable regarding the area and especially the beaches. We hired a car so getting places was not difficult for us Arilla Beach for us was the best but the other beaches are very good too. There is a short walk of about 15 mins into Sivota. I would really recommend the hotel if you are looking for basic but clean accommodation.

Room Tip: We were on the top floor facing inland very quiet
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank rooanda
Reviewed September 30, 2017

There are loads of previous negative reviews on this hotel, some I agree with but I would say that the positives far outweigh the negatives. Just back from 2 weeks booked with Olympic at a bargain price and would say that we definitely got a great deal for what we paid. We had room 15 facing the rear overlooking the mountains, a really spacious apartment, probably the biggest we have ever had in Greece. It was clean, the bins emptied daily and sheets and towels changed twice weekly. We must have been very lucky as our shower actually had a bracket on the wall for holding the shower head and the water pressure was amazing, also very hot water at all times of the day. Having read other reviews regarding kettles we took our own travel kettle but another holidaymaker asked for one and didn’t have to pay anything. The WiFi is free but only available in the reception and bar area but we only used it daily for checking emails but while out and about we noticed that most bars had free WiFi too.

We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. Bar prices very good compared to down at the harbour with very large measures of spirits (not measured at all actually, just poured freehand!) €3 for a large Mythos, €2.50 for Ouzo, €5 for G&T.

Only used the pool once as we prefer beaches but it was fine, very clean and quiet on the day we used it so no problem getting a sun bed.

Our favourite beach was Zavia which did only take 5 minutes to walk to contrary to what other reviewers have said, that was strolling as hubby has a back problem and not able to walk fast. It took 8 minutes on the way back. Also Mega Ammos was around a 15 minute walk and was lovely with a good choice of tavernas but a little too busy for us.

We loved Sivota with it’s great choice of tavernas and bars, we ate at around 5 or 6 different tavernas and thought the standard of food and price was good. On average we paid around €25 -. €30 for shared starter, 2 mains and house wine. At most tavernas were given melon or cake for free.

Overall we had a lovely holiday. We have travelled extensively in Greece and have not had a package holiday for 15 years, preferring to organise our own but on this occasion just wanted a last minute holiday and this was just perfect. Not sure if we would return only because we would always try to go somewhere new but would probably book with Olympic again. Would also like to praise the rep Tracey who was very professional and helpful.

Room Tip: High floor rooms have better views and rooms facing the mountains are quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LynnandTerry
Reviewed September 29, 2017 via mobile

On arrival my daughter and I had pleasant thoughts. But after being given the key to our room I was quite shocked. The first thing I wanted to do was use the bathroom. This was wet. I mean everything was wet. It looked to me like it had been cleaned by hosing everything down! We had two rooms. This was considered an apartment. It was shabby, very old fashioned and dirty. The cobwebs were there plain to see. Cobwebs also adorned the lamps above the bed. Looking out of our back doors we had an amazing view of a large overgrown neighbouring garden. Still we kinda sucked it up and carried on. We eventually asked to move and we're informed that an elderly gentleman would like a ground floor room so we had a look and decided to do it for him. But the room was awful. The bathroom door didn't open properly due to a large sink behind it. The toilet didn't flush and the shower was a dribble. We then found out that although self catering we had to put a €20 deposit down on a kettle and then pay €1 per day if we wanted it. Also if you wanted air con that would cost you €7 a day. I've never heard of anything like it. I was furious. My daughter and myself marched to the local travel agent and asked to move from whole place. These lovely people were amazing. Within minutes we were looking at a new apartment to stay in and half hour later we were moved in. This saved our hard earned holiday in more ways than I can explain. There is unfortunately nothing good to say about this sorry excuse for a hotel. Either save your money or invest a little more to stay elsewhere. It does not warrant a 3*.

Stayed: September 2017
2  Thank Anne-marie W
Reviewed September 29, 2017 via mobile

Went to Sivota for the first time in September, have been to Greece and the Islands many times and always enjoyed ourselves. No exception this time! Sivota was lovely, a nice harbour, several good beaches, plenty of trips, and great tavernas. Stayed at the Mourtemeno hotel and apartments self catering, found them great value for money. All the staff lovely and very helpful, one bedroom apartment very roomy and clean, centrally located, couldn't fault it. After reading some of the reviews I don't know what some people expect for the price. Loved it ! Will definitely return.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank minster1
Reviewed September 28, 2017 via mobile

Have read a few of the reviews given on the accommodation I am either very lucky or not English.
The hotel and staff are excellent friendly and helpful rooms are clean and tidy and towels and bedding regularly changed and the bins emptied.
This is 3 star I would say 2 rings are the norm for Greece and the water is hot showers efficient.
You pay little but in my opinion get a lot for the money.
It lies to the top of the small town 15 minutes from the beautiful harbour in a quiet location.we had room 27 on the second floor, stairs and lift provided.
We loved it as we did Sivota and would recommend it whole heartedly.
This is our 40/50th greece trip and it is a great one.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple