“Great pizza, not so great price”

Nancy's Chicago Pizza
Ranked #91 of 516 Restaurants in Springfield
Reviewed July 12, 2017 via mobile

I read the reviews and had to get one. I got the stuffed 9" with a bunch of veggies, garlic, etc. They were great to deal with and delivered to my hotel. When I got the bill I was a bit stunned - $32 plus tip. The real question is, was it worth it? I've eaten at most the biggies i. Chicago and for 32 bucks, could have gotten a large with everything. The pizza was good. The under crust was not crisp, the sauce was good, the veggies were weak. For the price.....overpriced. the best is still at "Baked" in Galesburg, IL. sorry Nancy.....and that's my wife's name! Argh!!

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed April 16, 2017

My wife and I while visiting Springfield, decided to stop at Nancy's pizza on Monroe st.
Immediately after arrival around 7:00 PM. we were greeted by the manager, and seated at the bar at our request. After being seated, a waitress quickly took our drink orders, and our pizza request. Within a few minutes, the manager brought us our dinner, but had accidently added mushrooms to our pizza, he immediately apologized, and had already corrected the mistake and brought us the correct pizza at no cost.

The waitress then provided us with complimentary drinks. When we talked with the manager he insisted that this was necessary, and that his concern was that we leave the restaurant happy.

What a refreshing event, its always easy to be nice when everything goes right, but the true test of courtesy is doing whats right, when everything hasn't went according to plan.

Both pizzas were absolutely great, and thanks to the entire staff at this restaurant.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed March 12, 2017 via mobile

After reading the previous reviews I was a little apprehensive about going to Nancy's but decided to give it a try. I'm glad I did. I have found a very good Chicago style pizza place close to home. Very similar to Giordano's, which seems to be franchising fairly quickly in Illinois. Chicago pizza is thick. It has a substantial crust. It is expensive because quality ingredients cost more. Nancy's does a nice Chicago style pizza, I'll be going back.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed March 3, 2017 via mobile

We ordered a Chicago style pan pizza. My sister does not eat meat so half was supposed to be with onions and green peppers and the other half sausage and green peppers. There was sausage in every piece we had but one. There was not much flavor at all to the pizza. We ordered garlic cheese bread as an appetizer. It was delicious. I'm not sure if we will go back.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed February 16, 2017 via mobile

We called in for Pizza and it took an hour! New restaurant however when we picked it up it was cold! Nothing to write home about!

Date of visit: May 2016
DanaKayGoddard, Public Relations Manager at Nancy's Chicago Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2017

Hi Kriscenda -- sorry you were not pleased with your experience. We realize it has been a few minutes, just wanted to reach back out and invite you back in. If not, no hard feelings. We wish you well!