All reviews stove top pots and pans full size refrigerator dvd player no daily maid service free laundry honor system front desk extended stay home away from home room was clean first floor other hotels kitchenette interstate
Reviewed June 13, 2018 via mobile

Made a reservation with Tracy a very nice lady I cannot say anything good about Janie and Chris they cancelled our reservation without our knowledge did not contact us we have no room they're not very nice people Chris included he said Janie made the decision blame it on your manager. Anyhow we have no room tonight there's no rooms in the area thank you to the people in charge Janie thank you very much I'm sure you'll have a good excuse but it doesn't matter we have no room. Do not stay at this place

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Mark K
Carlos S, Assistant General Manager at Candlewood Suites Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2018

Dear Mark,

I hope this notes finds well. We have sent your feedback to the personnel concerned. I apologize for this bad experience. This is very disappointing to hear, but we hope you give us another chance to make it up to you. Please let me know if you want to discuss this personally.

Reviewed June 12, 2018

I spent two nights in a queen room on the first floor. I was put in room 124, which is just behind the elevator. The room was clean and had everything I needed, including a desk with a comfy desk chair, another comfortable chair next to the bed, and a full kitchen. The mattress was a little soft (which I don't mind) and the bed had 4 pillows. There was no comforter (sheets and a blanket).
The hotel has well-lit parking lot, I had no trouble parking in front of the hotel. This hotel is immediately next door to a Marriott Residence Inn.

The hotel has a large laundry room with free laundry, a decent gym, and a little store where you can buy snacks, drinks and other items. The store is on the honor system (you can drop your money in the slot or charge items to your room) which is nice because you don't have to wait for hotel staff to help out.

The main reason why this hotel can charge so little (about half price from what I would think a nice suites hotel would cost in the area) is that there is no daily maid service and no breakfast served. I did not miss either one. The front desk will happily provide fresh towels and other items upon request. I believe maid service is provided once per week for very long stays. Of course the rooms are cleaned between guests.

I did notice each night that there was a large group of men congregating on the side of the hotel where there is a little picnic area, they seemed to stay there quite late. So I would not want to stay on that side of the hotel. They did not look like hotel guests.

Two other tips. My room had a little elevator noise, it did not bother me but if you are sensitive avoid that room. Also the A/C is on a motion sensor so it can switch off when you leave or if you are very still when sleeping, so some folks might need to set the temperature a little colder to compensate.

Room Tip: On the Residence Inn side of the hotel, and not the room behind the elevator.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I am glad to hear that your stay with us was amemorable one! We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed May 31, 2018 via mobile

I’m just finishing up a 2 week stay at Candlewood and I’m very pleased with my experience. The room was very clean and had everything I needed for my stay (full size refrigerator, microwave, stove top etc.). The staff was always very nice and I could tell they took pride in their jobs. They were always very friendly and greeted me with a smile every time I saw them. Management should be very proud of their staff’s kindness and professionalism. I would definitely recommend Candlewood for anyone staying in Springfield for an extended stay.

Stayed: June 2018

Dear Scraggsy123,

Thank you for your positive comments. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope your next stay is just around the corner. Call us if there is anything we can help you with.

Reviewed April 24, 2018

I stayed here for two nights, so I can't say too much about the place. Overall it was a nice studio suite, offered a full kitchen and nice size bathroom. The lobby staff was welcoming and there is free laundry and detergent, so that's a bonus for us traveling consultants/contractors. Families would like it here too I think because there are a ton of restaurants nearby and in walking distance.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank 339amij

Dear Amilin5,

I am so glad to hear that we were able to offer you a refuge from your busy schedule. Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed April 20, 2018 via mobile

Excellent sized rooms, free laundry, no breakfast, but who has time for that anyways? Room was nice. Slight hiccup at checkin that took a little longer, but room was worth it. Our room wasnt quite ready, but was easily switched. We asked for rooms that were next to each other or adjoining & we were accomdated. Workout facility was nice also.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
gmcandlewood, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at Candlewood Suites. We apologize that you experienced a delay at check in, as we strive to have our rooms guest ready upon check-in, but this time we did not. We are happy that we were able to place your rooms next to each other as you requested. Thank you again, for your nice review and we look forward to seeing you again. Thank you. J DeHeve GM