“Pony Shoe Dinner”

Dublin Pub
Ranked #32 of 516 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Traditional Irish pub in the heart of Springfield, IL! We pride ourselves in our hospitality and delicious food with everything from fresh grilled sirloins to horseshoes featuring 3 different cheese sauces. We have daily drink and food specials including half priced appetizers and one topping pizzas everyday from 2-4pm and late night. Come see us for the Blarney and stay for the food!
Reviewed August 11, 2018

Heart attach on a plate but it was delicious. We had a family dinner here while traveling south through Illinois.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed July 29, 2018 via mobile

I went here with family for my MIL’s birthday meal around 5:15 in the evening on a Saturday. I don’t consume animal products for religious reasons and in an attempt to accommodate my family, I read through their menu online before going so I could easily order something from their menu without being a burden to the staff. When we got there, we were seated outside on a pleasant patio and placed our orders. I ordered a Vegetable Supreme pizza with no cheese, explicitly stating I just wanted the sauce and veggies, but no cheese. The ticket time was about 12 minutes, which was pretty quick, however when it got to us, the pizza I had ordered had cheese. I informed the waitress I had ordered it without cheese. She apologized and said they’d make me a new one and took it back. It took another 30 minutes to get my pizza delivered to me the second time, so by then my family was done eating and were just waiting on my order to come. This wouldn’t have be an issue because I could’ve just slid it into a to-go box and went on with the evening having enjoyed a meal with my family. However, when the pizza was delivered the second time, it had sausage on it. At this point I just slid it in a to-go box and gave it to my family because we had been there 45 minutes and they were done eating. Ironically, there was cheese melted to the bottom of the pizza as well that I didn’t notice until I put it in the box. The manager comped the pizza and the staff were apologetic, so they did everything right, except get the order correct. Overall, the setting was nice and the staff were attentive, but don’t count on order accuracy if it’s anything even as simple as asking for a veggie pizza without cheese.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank Stillhungry1127
Reviewed May 16, 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed our stop here during a shopping trip. The food was extremely good. Service was quick and friendly. Our waitress was attentive and prompt. Portions were plentiful!

1  Thank jenniferwU2571II
Reviewed May 4, 2018

We have been to Dublin Pub 3 times. Only returned bc of coupon and glad we did. I had a grilled chicken sandwich with buffalo sauce on the side and my husband had the Patty melt. We both chose fries instead of the pub chips. Both our meals were very good. Previously we ordered off the dinner menu and it was ok but nothing to bring us back. The Pub is close to our home so we really wanted to like it. This last time was a success! Will definitely return for a delicious burger or sandwich.

1  Thank Homeagain37
Reviewed May 2, 2018

Great patio for outdoor summer fun. We enjoy the burgers (turkey , bean , beef) ! I also enjoy the salads and my husband loves the horseshoes both white and yellow sauce are available. Great service and fun people.

1  Thank ivy1952

Been to Dublin Pub? Share your experiences!