“Quick Lunch”
Review of Long Nine Junction

Long Nine Junction
Ranked #18 of 517 Restaurants in Springfield
Reviewed November 6, 2018

We had run downtown to drop something off at a bank, and decided to grab a quick lunch to go. Service was fast, people were friendly and helpful, and once we got back to work...food was delicious. We got the Grilled Cheese sandwich and the Triple Pastrami sandwich. Both were amazing....and the spicy pickles were a surprise treat! We will be back!

Reviewed October 26, 2018

Good place for lunch, varied menu & daily specials, super service. Sandwiches & plenty of non-sandwich options.

Reviewed October 17, 2018 via mobile

So here I was, passing through town on my fall break, scouring TripAdvisor for great local restaurants. My eyes landed on Long Nine Junction. You tend to notice establishments withstanding the gauntlet of hundreds of reviews while maintain a near-perfect rating! That’s incredibly rare, so I knew it had to be good.

Regrettably, as a food snob from a big city, my initial instinct is to rain on the parade, bringing locals back to reality with an accurate rating. To my credit, I’ve eaten a lot of great meals in all 50 states and 78 countries. And I’ve been fooled too many times by inflated ratings in small towns, where seasoned critics are nonexistent. Determined to add a realistic rating to the slew of perfect scores, my diabolical plan was soon foiled by a shockingly stupendous lunch. They had me at the very first bite. So I conceded. Perfect 5!

Upon entering, I perused the handwritten menu hanging by the door, a lengthy list offering such wonderfully appetizing selections it was impossible to whittle it down to a single choice. So I chose two sandwiches. They won’t strike you as large sandwiches, but you’ll find them incredibly filling.

My first sandwich was the Blue Ribbon, featuring impossibly juicy pulled pork generously piled high, top quality provolone cheese melted amongst the meat, and spicy ranch slaw made of crisp, delicious cabbage. I’m not a frequent consumer of cabbage, but the slaw is what set the sandwich apart! The ample ingredients sat between a soft, chewy sweet bun toasted on the inside. The combination of textures and flavors has been so impeccably perfected in this sandwich that I’m humbled by its creator. It would be difficult to find a better sandwich in America!

My second sandwich was the French Dip, with plentiful roast beef of unbelievable tenderness, and the freshest banana peppers. I wish the au jus was salty and not so bland, but nothing could detract from my heavenly experience at Long Nine!

Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

It was so nice to be able to enjoy delicious gluten free cuisine instead of having to settle for the usual gluten free “option” offered in most eating establishments (salad)! Even their side salads that come with the entrees were exceptional! The owner, Emily, was very helpful and accommodating, offering lots of savory choices in spite of my many food allergies and restrictions. If you’re looking for extraordinary, healthy, high quality food in a quaint, charming place that has lots of history and character and a warm, friendly environment, this is the place for you!

Reviewed October 1, 2018

Staff is amazing and so is the food! Long Nine is a favorite for lunch but I go early because it fills up fast! Their French Dip on a fresh, warm roll is excellent! I tried their Yukon Gold mashed potatoes last week and they were great as well! French Onion soup is excellent! Friendly, local family owned! You can't go wrong!

Date of visit: September 2018