See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 15, 2018

Nice lobby area and staff was great, beyond that its a very dated hotel. Leaking plumbing and broken and loose tiles in the bathroom were not the best conditions. carpet was not clean and room was very dusty.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed August 8, 2018

It’s a dump had two suites both only had 1 tv bathroom and broken bathroom tile and extreme mold on tile and shower curtains 1 suite had no phone unit door was busted open many times with screw holes all over rusted microwave

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2018

Our first room had been smoked in and had dirt and handprints on the wall. Second and third rooms had broken flooring, a hole in the wall, stain and hair in the bed, and ring in bathtub and toilet. It took 3 rooms to find one that was clean enough for us to feel ok with one of the two queen beds. Cleaning staff clearly doesn’t care and management clearly doesn’t check the room conditions.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2018 via mobile

Dirty, dirty!! Even the phone was dirty. Brown ?? On bathroom wall. Lights not working, just gross. Railing was rusted away from the stairs. Breakfast was watery juice, no milk, and maybe a donut/piece of toast. Bed seemed clean and it was late, so we suffered through it, but would Never again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

If I could give this dump zero stars, I would! drove 5 hours out of state to stay the weekend. When I got to the room, it looked like it hadn’t been cleaned in YEARS! The walls were disgusting, the paint on the ceiling was falling off, the ac barely worked, the entire room smelled like cigarette smoke (I don’t smoke so this is a problem for me), the bed sheets looked like they hadn’t been washed in years, and the bathroom wasn’t clean. The bathroom door looked like someone kicked and punched it in multiple places because there were four or five areas that had big holes. The bed felt like a pile of bricks when I lifted the blankets up to check for bugs (I didn’t see any but that doesn’t mean they weren’t there). They had one single power outlet and with two of us having dead phones, this was an issue. One of the five lamps worked in the room, and I don’t think it was a light bulb issue. I had booked a room with two queen beds according to their site, and I got a room with two full beds instead (this wasn’t major issue but they charged me more for queens). All I wanted to do was go to my room and go to sleep after being up 24 hours but this place could not provide me with a clean room to stay. I was in the room for about 10 minutes before I left and complained to front desk. The guy at the desk barely spoke English and was kind enough to give me my money back. I would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy. Save your time and energy, and do not waste time at this hotel. Baymont Inn is 20 minutes away from here and are complete opposites than Howard Johnson. Look around before booking a room!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends